JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So let me get this straight, the guy who was security, didn't ask you anything, just said he was, then grabbed your dates bag from you, asked for your ID, you went to comply, regardless of the fact he just took your property from you, and then he reached for your gun, which you stopped and he fell in the street. You called the cops, which took a while, causing you to miss your dinner and explain the deal to your date.

So what are you suing for? Ya, he was out of line and you were a smart-a, and the whole thing screwed up your date, but what exactly would you be suing for? Him overstepping his bounds of his job, for the cost of dinner? The emotional toll it took on you for your date not going well and leaving you with blueballs? Just wondering what your train of thought is here for it.

If it were me, from what I understand, I would probably have got his name (on the police report) and called his manager, or head of his company to file a former complaint about him. Being that if you were not a law abiding CPL carrier, and in fact a criminal, his actions would have likely got him killed. Furthermore, had he not identified himself as security, him trying to do that, say if you were undercover or off duty PD and someone reached for your gun, still could have got him killed for his unprofessional actions. A company that hires security, would not likely want someone like that who takes that kind of blind risks on their payroll much longer.

So let me get this straight, the guy who was security, didn't ask you anything, just said he was, then grabbed your dates bag from you, asked for your ID, you went to comply, regardless of the fact he just took your property from you, and then he reached for your gun, which you stopped and he fell in the street. You called the cops, which took a while, causing you to miss your dinner and explain the deal to your date.

So what are you suing for? Ya, he was out of line and you were a smart-a, and the whole thing screwed up your date, but what exactly would you be suing for? Him overstepping his bounds of his job, for the cost of dinner? The emotional toll it took on you for your date not going well and leaving you with blueballs? Just wondering what your train of thought is here for it.

If it were me, from what I understand, I would probably have got his name (on the police report) and called his manager, or head of his company to file a former complaint about him. Being that if you were not a law abiding CPL carrier, and in fact a criminal, his actions would have likely got him killed. Furthermore, had he not identified himself as security, him trying to do that, say if you were undercover or off duty PD and someone reached for your gun, still could have got him killed for his unprofessional actions. A company that hires security, would not likely want someone like that who takes that kind of blind risks on their payroll much longer.

Yeah he was security and no I didn't ask him anything like I said, I pretty much was smart *** to him. i later learned He basically figure i just stolen the bag from somebody's car in that lot, so he said to the police he was trying to recover it from me and I can see reason in what he said. if 24 yo smartass,who very well from my actions could have stolen it i may have done something stupid too. I dunno what I should do but i did got all his information and company he works for. I've just been thinking about it today friends told me to sue but like you said what for $70 dinner and blueballs I cant sue him for blueballs because by the time this was all over my date had made up her mind that she liked me! plus I dunno the state could I guess still bring charges on either of use. i called my lawyers office but he is on holiday but im pretty sure legally i dont think ive done anything wrong. myself i was just plan on letting it go. I make a comfortable living and I don't see early retirement windfall her, but part of me says be a pain..

Let it go. Not worth it. If you were 100% acting the gentlemen and he was being a thug, maybe. It doesn't sound that way. Sounds like a reasonable person in his position would have thought you were a thief. You could have just yelled 'its my date's purse' and been on your way.

I agree, let it go. Dinner isn't worth suing someone over. Any reasonable person could have thought you took the purse from someones car, admittedly, he acted outside his bounds, but with good intent. He should have questioned you, not tried to snatch your stuff.

If something was damaged as a result of it, say if it was my wife's purse (she only wears $$$ Coach purses) I probably would sued him for his improper actions, but civilly, and most likely against the company, not him personally.

But, no damage, just him being a jerk, you being a jerk back, and what happened. Let it go, get a lawyer if for some reason he tries to sue you for him falling down or something, but other than that just let it be, save yourself the trouble. I'm willing to bet that with the police involved, his boss got a phone call about it, or found out about it and he got a talking to, and his behavior is corrected already over the incident.

On a side note, given the situation and being a bit of a smart-a myself, I probably would have told him it was mine, and it wasn't a purse it was a satchel, and skittles are in there.

BTW:Congrats on the girl :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads