JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The same one I use for when I am not driving or entering a vehicle.

My set up is comfortable whether or not I am driving, walking or sitting; and I can still reach it while in that position as well.

Not keeping it on your person leads to lots of "take it off--put it on" drills as you run your errands throughout the day if you are putting it in the car.

You could do something like this, but then you will be doing the drill I just described.

vehicle_mount2text.jpg

Keep it on you. If you insist on removing the firearm then secure it.
Do not leave it loose in the car. In an accident it will move. Usually at a high rate of speed.
Do you really want to unnecessarily handle your firearm though?

I want to leave the firearm on me. I don't want to play the take it off, put it back on game.
Just need to find the right holster, or what?

If I am wanting to be able to access my gun quickly while in the car I keep it in a holster I have mounted in the center console.

0302151743.jpg
0302151736a.jpg

If I want to secure it while I am away from the vehicle I have a safe under the seat.

0225151346a.jpg

So, I see my options as either mounting a holster, apendix carry, or...maybe a MIC holster setup, but I don't like the idea of my gun going airborne in a wreck.

Accurate, or am I off here?

Appendix carry for me. I drive a tow truck for a living. The bulk of my day is spent getting into and out of vehicles, and lots of driving. Appendix is the most comfortable and most accessible on body method.

Before I switched to appendix I carried in the 3:30-4:00 position and while it wasn't bad, accessing the gun wasn't exactly super quick, and hard to do surreptitiously. The closest I've ever come to having to fire in defense of my life happened while working, while seated in the truck. Drawing the gun, while in a seat belt was doable but not the easiest. I was carrying in an OWB hip holster back then.

I could see using one of those Kingston rigs if I was on a road trip - not getting in/out of the car a lot, and just driving, as the gun would be readily accessible and secure, and the most personally comfortable option. But for the average person on an average day - they're going to be in and out of the car more than that, and that would lead to a lot of unneeded handling of the firearm, and could easily wind up with some scared random person calling the cops and at the least, your going to have the inconvenience of dealing with the cops.

Or if you want the convenience of having a "car gun" mount a small safe in your center console and buy an inexpensive gun to dedicate to the purpose.

If your gun isn't going to go off when you drop it on the concrete, personally I seriously doubt it will go off during a traffic accident.

When I am in certain situations, my gun goes from my bag to either under a thigh or in the dash console - no holster.

With all of the safety features that g19 you have has, I would be fine with it free floating in an accident - but you gotta do what's most comfortable for you physically and mentally.

Best of luck on the hunt - a lot of people take quite some time to get married to a certain gun/carry method; then like marriage things change with time;)

It's not the gun discharging in the accident. It's the fact the gun is a loose 2 lb missile moving at least the speed you were traveling at the time of the accident.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top