JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have options. I can carry my LCP in a pocket holster, but I've already gone out plenty of times in shorts and a shirt with my USPc in a IWB and a free sturdy belt. I imagine a quality gun belt would make it all the easier.

Of course, if planning on doing any sort of activity that involves a lot of movement (bending, squatting, reaching, etc) more than the normal, you have to be a bit more careful since a t-shirt can easily ride up and expose the firearm.

Most of the time when I'm just driving to and from work I keep my Sig 229 in a Bianchi bag. It screams gun, but I'm just taking it from my car to the office most of the time.

If I'm going to be out walking around, shopping or running errands, I usually wear a baggy Hawaiian shirt over a T-shirt. If I'm wearing my SP101 in my Milt Sparks PMK holster it really isn't noticeable. Even my Sig 229 doesn't print much, although I really don't care very much if I print. Most people don't notice it even if I am printing.

Of course, if planning on doing any sort of activity that involves a lot of movement (bending, squatting, reaching, etc) more than the normal, you have to be a bit more careful since a t-shirt can easily ride up and expose the firearm.

There lies my problem. We just adopted an energetic 7 year old boy who wants to run and play and needs a hug every few minutes. He doesn't quite get the idea of concealed carry or subtlety yet.

"Hey dad, what's that under your shirt?"
"Uh..my cell phone."
" Doesn't feel like a cell phone."
"Uh.. yeah I know"

And for me personally, I won't do a man purse or vest and I'll leave it at that!

There lies my problem. We just adopted an energetic 7 year old boy who wants to run and play and needs a hug every few minutes. He doesn't quite get the idea of concealed carry or subtlety yet.

"Hey dad, what's that under your shirt?"
"Uh..my cell phone."
" Doesn't feel like a cell phone."
"Uh.. yeah I know"

And for me personally, I won't do a man purse or vest and I'll leave it at that!

I see how that could be a problem, pocket carry could also reveal similar issues. The only reason I have my LCP is for those days that it's just to hot to be carrying around a compact/full size. I feel its better to have something, even if it's a mousegun that to have nothing.

I'm from an area where the "man purse" is actually quite popular with students and those artsy folk running around. Walk into a Starbucks and there are 10 guys with man purses at any given moment.

I agree with Cougfan2, as long as your shirt isn't vacuum sealed around your firearm most people wont notice and printing isn't always bad. Having said that I prefer carrying my G19 but today I'm carrying my G26 because of printing issues and places I needed to be.

I think I'm going to start a threat asking if anyone has noticed the fact you were carrying and what there response was? In my experience Men and Women are polar opposites in there responses. Not to mention other factors such as place, time, race, etc, etc, etc. I think it would interesting.

Lefty.

I buy polo shirts 2 sizes too big and leave them untucked. 2 sizes really doesn't look bad and it gives just enough extra length and looseness that the gun doesn't print most of the time.

I like Hawaiian shirts a size too big, because the pattern of the design (flowers, trees, and such) helps break up the outline of the pistol even if you are printing.

Playing a ukulele and wearing a lei draws attention away from the gun too. :D

hirt.jpg

I just carry my P3at in my pocket with a DeSantis holster. It prints a little, but I think most people would think its only a cell phone. The Kel-Tec pocket clip IWB is pretty effective too. It sits deep so you don't need to wear huge t-shirts.

Elvis was a big fan of guns and had a lot of them. His favorite hand gun was the venerable .45.

Last I knew part of his collection was on display in Sparks, Nev.

Ruger LCP with Crimson Trace Laser in a Alabama Holster Company
Kydex pocket holster. Right front pocket. Never leave home without it.
Heck---It's what I'm "wearing" right now.:)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top