JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You are right. I haven't spoken with them, I don't know their views, their struggles and their fears.

You are right. I do not care for the friends of mine who lead a bible study one day and police on the next. You are right, I don't care about the friend who I used to let him drive my car when he had his permit and now see him as a deputy.

But you are right. My deep phileo for my brothers have no bearing because I'm not there doing that job.

Quit assuming, that's why there is a negative stereotype of officers.

Tell me again how I broke the law?

Open Carry must be "clearly visible" from an external view.

Your point was made very clear. None of us "civies" know because we aren't there. To a degree that's right. Just don't discount the fellow mans ability to empathize.

$.02
Good day sir.

Last Edited:
You do seem to come across pretty harsh. I know a cops job is not easy and I know you only have seconds to decide if someone or something is a threat.

But assuming the worst because a person is carrying a gun sure does not help us any on a societal level. Its easy to profile people and assume ill intent. I get that. I am legally able to carry concealed in both Washington and Oregon. I am covered in tattoo's and because I own a fab/blacksmith shop I am always dirty and look almost homeless most of the time (even though I probably have a net worth well north of most of the folks you see wearing $300 shoes with a business suit)

I dont drink or use drugs, I own several homes and a business. I am an upstanding member of society. However you would not think that most likely if you saw me waking around Walgreens with a open carry handgun. I look more like I belong in a biker gang than in my home on a lake in a nice Seattle neighborhood.

I am afraid to carry much of the time around Western Washington. I would never open carry for fear of exactly the kind of bias described above.

I understand you are "just doing you job" but understand there are real people on the other end of your job and your mistake could be me.

You do seem to come across pretty harsh. I know a cops job is not easy and I know you only have seconds to decide if someone or something is a threat.

But assuming the worst because a person is carrying a gun sure does not help us any on a societal level. Its easy to profile people and assume ill intent. I get that. I am legally able to carry concealed in both Washington and Oregon. I am covered in tattoo's and because I own a fab/blacksmith shop I am always dirty and look almost homeless most of the time (even though I probably have a net worth well north of most of the folks you see wearing $300 shoes with a business suit)

I dont drink or use drugs, I own several homes and a business. I am an upstanding member of society. However you would not think that most likely if you saw me waking around Walgreens with a open carry handgun. I look more like I belong in a biker gang than in my home on a lake in a nice Seattle neighborhood.

I am afraid to carry much of the time around Western Washington. I would never open carry for fear of exactly the kind of bias described above.

I understand you are "just doing you job" but understand there are real people on the other end of your job and your mistake could be me.

You sir, are one of the people I look forward to meeting some day. You are right, there are a lot of people who judge a book by it's cover. My wife's aunt said "you can do better" when she first met me. I had "0" gauge holes in my ears, drove a sports car and had a bit of arrogance about me. She passed away sadly before she could see how I really am.

(no it's not because I want to see your shop)

Just a reminder in Washington the handgun must be on your physical person even with a permit. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Thought it should be mentioned as a lot of Oregonians travel in Wa.;);)
If you have a Washington CPL you do not have to have your loaded pistol on your person in the car. If I am carrying a pistol that is not comfortable while sitting I put in on the seat or driveline hump and cover it with a rag. I have been stopped by WSP and had no problem after telling them this. You may leave a loaded pistol in your car as long as the car is locked and the pistol is out of sight as long as you have a CPL.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top