JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@ilikegunspdx I never thought of the front pocket, and I can see that is definitely where the shorter profile guns would work better. I do think I'd benefit from having a smaller pistol in addition to the 226.

@mkwerx that is a lot of information, thanks for sharing your experiences with this. I never thought of modifying the holster itself. I did have problems with the clips staying on the belt, and the huge wingspan made side carrying completely impractical.

@Stomper how far above the belt should the gun rise? It felt like I had a yard stick sticking out of my pants when wearing it before.

Thanks for all the info. It will take a while to go through this all.

You don't want high ride with an IWB. You only want enough clearance to get a full firing grip. Any higher and the gun is going to get tippy, especially a "high capacity" auto loader.

You don't want high ride with an IWB. You only want enough clearance to get a full firing grip. Any higher and the gun is going to get tippy, especially a "high capacity" auto loader.
Thanks. This is pretty much all coming from unfamiliarity. Few people I know carry, which is why I reached out. I think the first thing to try is to get it low and on my "hip" .

A good stiff/rigid belt is also very important, it won't allow the flex from most conventional belts. Consider your belt the foundation of your house. Case in point, look at the belts shown in the pictures they provided.

I wear a 5.11 belt. It's not metal lined but its plenty stiff.

And yeah, the more I look at that picture, the more I'm convinced its the holster. That gun shouldn't be that tough to CC.

Reach out to Cascadia Concealment. I'm sure he can make you something that carries better. I've been 100% impressed with his products, and that's pretty rare for me.

Reach out to Cascadia Concealment. I'm sure he can make you something that carries better. I've been 100% impressed with his products, and that's pretty rare for me.
Thanks for the lead on this. If modifying my holster doesn't work, I'll see if they have a solution.

This thread has me wanting to swing by Filson's to get a new double leather belt...

I find full size is just to big to edc. I went with the 340pd in a pocket holster and my phone on a belt clip to free up pocket space. I dont have to wory about it printing or my shirt pulling up or it pinching me when driving or sitting and i can use the public john without floping my piece around:D.. no not that piece.

I'm 5'10 180 pounds and I carry a Glock 17 on a daily basis without issue. Appendix carry is the key. Oh and not really giving a F if you print on occasion. The only one who is going to notice is someone who also carries. The average person is oblivious to it.

I moved the clips and put it inline with my right pocket, and had much better results.

IMG_20200116_1802226.jpg

IMG_20200116_1648368~2.jpg

IMG_20200116_1649000~2.jpg

I wear t-shirts most of the year and had a similar problem when I wore cheap t-shirts. The adjustments you've made work in the photos, but stretching and bending is the true test. There is often a tiny bit of printing that just cannot be eliminated and most folks never notice. Those that do probably carry too.

I found the more expensive Lands End Super Ts are great for concealed carry cover because they hang a bit lower and the cloth seems to drape better. My wife buys them for me when they are on sale. I've ditched most of the cheap Ts except my wife-beaters which I wear under short-sleeved Ts on hot, humid days. I wear a long-sleeved T over a SS T-shirt in the winter.

I carry a compact-sized S&W model 3953 in an open-top clip-on holster at 2 o'clock using a quality gun belt. I have no concerns about printing.

O M G, that is the cutest 'lil thing I ever saw! I think I'm treating myself to an early Valentine's Day!
There's a thread on them here w/ more details if interested. Cheers!

I'm 6' 220 lbs., almost no hips, and belt slips down inches below my waist within minutes of fastening. My solution: Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5 IWB Holster with my Desert Eagle 1911G. Even then I can only keep my gun firm and at a good height @3:00 if I am using suspenders in addition to my belt. Since I carry IWB with shirt tail out I use an underwear suspender.

I'm 6' 220 lbs., almost no hips, and belt slips down inches below my waist within minutes of fastening. My solution: Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5 IWB Holster with my Desert Eagle 1911G. Even then I can only keep my gun firm and at a good height @3:00 if I am using suspenders in addition to my belt. Since I carry IWB with shirt tail out I use an underwear suspender.
That's weird. Just yesterday I was talking to a co-worker about his Alien Gear holster. I liked the skin interface on it and the lack of inside exposed fasteners.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top