JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, but I'll give it a shot and let one of the moderators point me in the right direction if I've taken a wrong turn.
OK, I know most people love or hate Glocks, but I must admit I do like them. Even though I truly love the 1911, and exclusively shoot two competitively, I've also owned a second generation Glock 17 for over 10 years that I'm equally comfortable with. After much soul searching between the 1911 and the Glock, I decided to go with the Glock 19 as my concealed carry gun. So, the question now is - what holster to go with?
First question: Belt or IWB? I'm just not sure about this one. Comfort is clearly a big concern but so is concealment. What's the general trend here among all the Glock 19 CC experts? I'm pretty variable on dress codes, but generally, it's jeans, a button up long or short sleeve shirt tucked in and a light jacket when the weather warrants.
Second question: What make and model of either Belt or IWB? Again, looking for some good advice from all the Glock 19 CC experts.
Thanks in advance for any and all posted wisdom.
DEK

it depends on yourself when it comes to belt or iwb.i carried belt for a long time[i was a little thinner then] then tried iwb for better concealment. i tried several holsters including a comp-tac all of which i found uncomfortable then i talked to a few milt sparks fans and bit the bullet[no pun intended] and bought a versa max II .it was a long wait but it is very comfortable even for a iwb. i will probably never wear another iwb other than a vmII. you can find then rarely at a website i believe it is lightningsports or something like that.milt sparks.com lists their retailers but they rare have any in stock.ebay also but they sell for 2 to 3 times more than retail.hope this info can help

IMO, my G19 is too fat for IWB carry so I carry it OWB in a nice leather holster made in South Africa by someone called "Shado". I bought it from the Forbus site, or maybe the Galco site. Cheap and very comfortable. Parks the gun into my 4 0'clock (lefthanded) very well and conceals completely with a jacket, coat, or long shirt.

I use and recommend the crossbreed supertuck, very comfortable. For my 1911 , I have both IWB and OWB in ttgunleather and an IWB in danddgunleather both which I am considering for my G19. I like options. Regarding belts, for me it is either the Amish belts, medium thickness, inexpensive but good enough or Looper with the stiffener, but I can't recommend Looper, service was poor, belt not worth the aggravation. I hear beltman is the best.

I've seen a lot of good things said about the VM2, but getting one - now that's a different matter! And I do worry a bit about the 19's width and IWB carry. This is such a difficult task because, ideally, you would like to try something out to see how it feels and handles, but finding some of the better quality holsters is difficult. What really concerns me is finally deciding on something, paying the dollars for it, waiting the multiple weeks or months it takes for it to arrive, only to find out it doesn't work for you - ouch! That's why I need the help of all of you who've "been there - done that".

I'll x2 doug's CrossBreed SuperTuck recommendation. I carry a G30 (dimensions are almost identical to the G19) and the ST is comfortable enough to forget that I'm even wearing it; and I have a pretty lean, bony frame. It's not a "pretty" holster, but it works great and comes with a money-back guarantee, and a lifetime guarantee on the holster. Delivery time is less than three weeks (mine took only 10 days).

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Should you go with OWB or IWB? First of all it really depends upon your body type...if you are skinny or a slender built then it is less likely you'll enjoy the IWB...however if your middle/gut is slightly-to-significantly wider than your hips then an IWB will be most likely just fine.

IWB's are great but the problem with slender, tall/slender and female body types is their hips are wider than their middle and it is the hips that pushes the muzzle outbound and drives the stocks and reciever tight into the lower ribs making it painful for most.

I generally recommend you try someone's IWB first before plunking down serious coin on an unknown...this from a guy who has boxes of holsters and has invested a king's fortune trying a significant number of brands, models and styles. The last 18 years I've finally stuck generally with one or two styles and brands to meet 90% of my carry needs.

I'll x2 doug's CrossBreed SuperTuck recommendation. I carry a G30 (dimensions are almost identical to the G19) and the ST is comfortable enough to forget that I'm even wearing it; and I have a pretty lean, bony frame. It's not a "pretty" holster, but it works great and comes with a money-back guarantee, and a lifetime guarantee on the holster. Delivery time is less than three weeks (mine took only 10 days).

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

The SuperTuck looks pretty cool - a bit ugly, yes, but who cares when it's mostly hidden anyway. Based on the little video clip, it clearly provides deep concealment (I have a similar build to the guy in the video), and if it's as comfortable as you say, then it would be a great choice from my perspective - especially given the quick processing time. This might be the one! :) Thanks for the recommendation and link.

I fell in love with the Galco NSA years ago and remain devoted to this day. Also really like their Royal Guard but thinking the VM2 might best it... gotta check that out.

Google FIST Holsters and scan their products. Great company, run by an ex-policeman who knows what gun carriers need. I bought a used "extra-thin Kydex tuckable" and am VERY happy with it. It is brilliantly designed to wear as a tuckable or as an inside-waistband and is extremely light and non-bulky; the holster grasps the triggerguard snugly and safely so that no retention strap is needed. Give FIST a look...................elsullo

FYI you might want to check out Ted Blocker Holsters - http://www.tedblockerholsters.com

They have alot of options and they have let me try on some models in the shop. They are in downtown Tigard and are real nice folks. I also really like their products. I currently own 4 concealment rigs from them. One big plus with a local shop is that if you have a problem or need some help they are close and will work with you.

PS. If you go for a leather rig from them I recomend upgrading to horsehide, VERY durable.

:s0159:

Thanks to all of you for the great advice. I decided to check out the Ted Blocker store on Sawdust's recommendation. Great little place! When I got inside, I see this guy dressed in cowboy clothes and it turns out he's the owner (Don Brown) and a cowboy fast-draw shooter, so we hit it off right away (my wife and I are SASS members). He's done some pretty great stuff for some very famous people - in particular, one of our great past presidents Mr. Ronald Reagan. So I just had to buy something from him - a beautiful pancake OWB that felt as good as it looked, and a couple of really nice belts to hold it and my pants up. :s0114: It feels great when you can support a local guy. :s0155:
I'm still planning on an IWB - right now I'm looking closely at the SuperTuck and the slightly prettier Minotaur MTAC from Comp-Tac. The MTAC can be ready in 11 days and it's had some great reviews on other sites, so I'm leaning a bit more towards it. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks again for all the great advice. :)
DEK

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top