JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMO
I feel it is ridiculous and unsafe to have more than one or two guns to use as an every day carry.You just can't be that proficient with all those guns.
I think it's ridiculous to have that many handguns and kind of looks like someone needs to "show off" how many handguns they own.
Seems more like a "look at me and how many guns and holsters I have " video than one showing what ,how,and whys about carrying.
Kind of arrogant to think you are "that good" to be carrying any of those guns at any time you want.
Unless you spend half your day in front of the mirror.

And the mention of speed drawing,rapid draw,whatever.You guys that think that's gunna work for you will be sorely surprised when you try it in real life,Wyatt.

Makes no statement on the important factor of taking human life.
Yes I know it supposed to be "stop the threat" ,but in all reality it is TAKING HUMAN LIFE and if you don't believe you can do that you shouldn't carry.
And if I was to do such a video,that would be the opening statement.

As far as the mention of gun handling,I didn't see anything wrong with the way the guns were handled,loaded or not.

Again,just my opinion.

IMO
I feel it is ridiculous and unsafe to have more than one or two guns to use as an every day carry.You just can't be that proficient with all those guns.
I think it's ridiculous to have that many handguns and kind of looks like someone needs to "show off" how many handguns they own.
Seems more like a "look at me and how many guns and holsters I have " video than one showing what ,how,and whys about carrying.
Kind of arrogant to think you are "that good" to be carrying any of those guns at any time you want.

And the mention of speed drawing,rapid draw,whatever.You guys that think that's gunna work for you will be sorely surprised when you try it in real life,Wyatt.

Yes I know it supposed to be "stop the threat" ,but in all reality it is TAKING HUMAN LIFE and if you don't believe you can do that you shouldn't carry.

As far as the mention of gun handling,I didn't see anything wrong with the way the guns were handled,loaded or not.

Again,just my opinion.
Based on your post, I would have the opinion that you have no idea what you are talking about. I seriously doubt you have ever drawn a gun...much less had to fire one at another human being. Even beyond that, you have a very poor attitude if you think defending yourself is "all about" killing someone else.

Didn't say it was about killing someone else
But if you are carrying a handgun and aren't ready to kill someone,you will probably have the gun taken from you
(BTW,I know a guy who did this.Guy put a gun in his face and it pissed him off,so he took the gun)

No I haven;t ever pulled a gun on someone.Have you? Have you shot someone?You have first hand knowledge of gunfights?

I have had guns at the ready,though.Never thought it was a good idea to play the "quick draw" hand.Always someone faster. I don't carry much though.Don't see the need,myself (after moving from Lakewood)

When I do fell like I really need a gun with me,I wear something that I can carry the gun in hand,when I go to those areas I really don't like.Like a coat or your fanny pack.
The gun comes out of the holster and sits in my pocket,in my hand.
No quick draw

Oh and I have a poor attitude in general.

IMO

Again,just my opinion.

What the h3ll are you talking about? It's about CCing NOT killing someone.

PB - I think he wants you to sell some of those guns so he can get one for a good deal. :)

IMO

Oh boy, bet I won't be the last to respond to this.
Yes, I feel you're entitled to your opinion. Me too.
I see nothing wrong with having lots of guns. For some people it's an enjoyable hobby. I don't get the "showing off" bit. I don't think most collectors are trying to inflate their willy size.

You might not want to let populairty choose who is and isn't an expert for you. I know some "experts" who I would not trust to clean my gun. They got where they are on exaggerated claims and lies. I also know some good ol' boys on this sight that I would trust without question.

yeah - I find it funny the video is primarily about comfort, practicality and other carry areas purely an opinion video - but one based on experience. The video was not tactical defense maneuvers and other skilled areas on how to handle a band of zombies that just infiltrated your neighborhood - just what works best for PP which he thought others might find useful helpful. although I like to cook I do take recipes off of those who are professional expert chefs, but thats me. I realize others need to the stamp of "medically tested, mother approved, board certified, Dr endorsed to move forward with - that's fine...just different.

people are funny creatures.

IMO

Again,just my opinion.

prettty sure thats the tip of the iceberg of PB collection.

yeah - I find it funny the video is primarily about comfort, practicality and other carry areas purely an opinion video - but one based on experience. The video was not tactical defense maneuvers and other skilled areas on how to handle a band of zombies that just infiltrated your neighborhood - just what works best for PP which he thought others might find useful helpful. although I like to cook I do take recipes off of those who are professional expert chefs, but thats me. I realize others need to the stamp of "medically tested, mother approved, board certified, Dr endorsed to move forward with - that's fine...just different.

people are funny creatures.

I don't do the running around on the range doing quick fire exercises videos like some other people on YouTube like to do. It just isn't my style. Plus, I do not feel I am qualified to teach others how to defend themselves. I have no problem with them doing it if that is what they want to do...but I seldom give them much credibility. Especially when you see a guy who you just know is an attorney during the day and runs around in full battle dress on a private range in their down time and chooses to film it.

I think your video is good information for anyone who CC's, myself included. Thanks for taking the time to make it.

Personally I'll BS about guns and carry methods with gun friends, none of us are experts by any means but sharing opinions and information isn't a bad thing. The experts definitely know more than we do but the techniques that work for real world people may differ from their expert opinions. PBP may not be an expert but he is more experienced than I am when it comes to concealed carry... So I'll listen to what he has to say and then form my opinions from there.

What the h3ll are you talking about? It's about CCing NOT killing someone.

PB - I think he wants you to sell some of those guns so he can get one for a good deal. :)

And you don't think the two go hand in hand?
Why carry a handgun if you aren't going to shoot someone if necessary?
If you are carrying,you are always just one step away from killing someone
If you don't relate the two you shouldn't carry a handgun.

I do relate the two and don't know if I could kill someone attacking me,by my self. Family involved there is no question.
Therefore I don't carry much.
But I don't walk around like a victim either.

I just believe when you are talking to someone about concealed carry,you need to ask them if they think the could actually take a life.
If they can't,then they shouldn't carry a gun.

This is a pretty simple concept here.

Oh and I don't need any deals on PB's guns.I have had plenty of handguns over the years.Enough to fill two or more of those safes.Just don't feel the need to show them off or keep that many guns around.

Didn't really get flamed as bad as I thought I would.

PBP - nice video - I appreciate that you took the time to present information based on your experiences and what works best for you - I always welcome other people's ideas and point of view as they may open my eyes to something I hadn't considered or give credence to my own thoughts on the subject. While I don't have any issue with carrying my 1911 I do see the advantages of carrying only an "instimatic point and shoot" platform as all of them are virtually the same drill with no extra steps to leave out.
That said, with any luck none of us here will ever have to actually pull the trigger on an aggressor.

Keep up the good work!

Swede

I'm not aware of any requirement to be a known expert in order to post a YouTube vid about holsters, any more than exchanging opinions right here in this forum about guns, ammo, laws, and life/death decisionmaking scenarios. I think we're all adults and capable of deciding what we'll accept as gospel (or not) for something as personal as self defense.

I liked your articulate and informative vid PP, thanks for making it and putting it up there. Not once did you present anything as must do. In fact, I appreciate the way you present options for what they are - choices to be weighed by viewers.

I'm already pretty set on the favorite things/ways I carry, so you addressed a number of good options I would probably miss if somebody asked me for a similar overview. So if anyone asks me how to carry a piece, I'll show them what works for me, and then probably direct them to your vid for a broader view. Good on ya.

Nice pistols there too man!

Thanks PBP for the video. I do not know if this is a correct place to bring up another type of IWB holster.

Recently I have been viewing and reviewing a newer IWB holster from Remora Holsters. The Remora Holster is cheap, Available 4 basic model types,
and it Stays In Place. These holsters have a rubber coating and the just does not move even with draw string jogging pants. Anyway, the reason I brought this holster type up is to find if anybody a round here has used/worn one of these holsters?

IMO
Yes I know it supposed to be "stop the threat" ,but in all reality it is TAKING HUMAN LIFE...

Somehow, I just can't picture you getting this bent about a video delving into the moral and philosophical issues surrounding use of a firearm in self-defense, but which fails to delve into the pros and cons of IWB-carry at 3:00 vs. 3:30. The video was about conceal options, said so up front. So sorry it failed to deliver your requisite sermon; I saw it as as assuming we'd already figgered out that part for ourselves.

MrB+
--
Working my way up to A--

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads