JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i usually am a big supporter of gun possession due to the constitutional backing, but honestly i'd compare gun carrying to driving. in the context of not ownership, but carrying. WAYYY too many young reckless drivers. imagine giving the same demographics of hormonally unbalanced people the right to carry guns...who for the most part have no true respect for a useful but deadly tool as a mode of transportation. try to have them wrap around their teenage mind the value of life vs. death. when I was 18 I thought I was invincible and was never going to die no matter what the situation at hand...not a good combo with deadly weapons.

the fact that she was raised around firearms gives her the knowledge and responsibilty to carry a gun, but it's the rest who weren't that I worry about.

This kind of brings us back to HB 2011, which would create a firearms safety program in public schools K-12, with emphasis on the use of the National Rifle Association’s award-winning Eddie Eagle gun safety program.

Earlier, I had thought about the possibility of requiring gun safety training for those under 21. Then again, why not require safety training for all CPL applicants? One benefit would be increased reciprocity for Washington State. However, I didn't want to be the one to open that can of worms...

If you cant drink till your 21 then you cant carry a firearm.

Since guns and alcohol do not go well together, I'm going to give you the same look I give to my girl friend when she changes the subject in mid-sentence. :confused:

Last weekend I finished my Range Officer training by putting in 6 hours at the range. Believe me, being over 21 didnt' automatically make anyone safer or smarter. I twice stopped the same guy, in his 40s, from walking to his target while the range was 'hot'. I dodged another guy's rifle barrel when he swept it behind the line of fire. He was in his 30s. There was a third incident with an older gentleman on the other side of the range and trying to get everyone to unload and flag their firearms before we made the range 'cold' took some real effort and double checking! The only members who weren't scary were off duty range officers and supervised children.

Well at 18 i was a big axx hole and thought i knew everything. so would i let 18 year olds carry? **** NO. i had plenty of training as a kid. eddie the eagle training and my dad. i would never let any of my kids have a carry weapon at 18 and live under my roof!. i think liabillity would make most think twice.:s0155:

This thread is growing faster than the thread on a bill seeking to make you personally responsible for crimes committed by persons who bought a gun from you! Are we more worried about drawing a line for age or about loosing our existing rights?

I hope that some of you have already written your WA Legislators about this attack on your gun rights.
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23039

This is mixed emotion for me. If this were proposed in Oregon and passed it would benefit me. I am under 21. At the same time I know that I would not feel comfortable knowing that some others around my age had the ability to CC. I am a bit of an abnormality. I have been on my own and working full time since I was 16. So I've had to grow out of those irresponsible teenage years in a hurry. Most others have not. If this passes then there definitely needs to be expanded and more in depth training for everyone. Heck, some people could probably benefit from added training even if they are 21 and over.

On the face of it, you might think there is a difference between an 18 year old in the military and one who isn't. In some ways they are but in many more ways they are exactly the same. Marine Corps excepted of course.

When I was 18, my friends and I were no where near mature enough to carry a handgun. We well may have gotten ourselves in big trouble.

The male brain does not fully develop until age 25. The frontal lobe is the last part to development and is the one that allows us to recognize the consequences of our actions.

Of course my 19 year old son will tell me this is BS, because he knows everthing (just like I did when I was his age). LOL. But I still do not believe he is mature enough or has exibited judgement that would allow me to feel comfortable with him carrying a concealed handgun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top