JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm telling you- take a look at the Sig P238 or 938- they're so small and thin they disappear on pretty much anybody when in a IWB holster like a UBG Becker. I'll try and take a picture of my rig and post it tomorrow

Then what about a belly band? If you have some room in the shirt but do wear the flat fronts, you may not want to attract attention to the waist. The only thing is that you'll have to make sure the jackets fit if you wear a jacket, it does add a little to the circumference. Then again, that also depends on what you wear. A Nano will be less of an issue than an M9. ;)

The belly band is awesome......so I hear. :s0131:

Anything made by De Santis will do the job for you; room for a Colt Defender II & 3 mags.

The other benefit (for people trying to slim-down) is the pressure on the abdomen; it helps some people..........:s0131: to eat less.

I know a guy :s0131: who owns an I/O Hellcat .380, this "back up" fits in his wallet.

Galco UDC tuckable holster, with a Glock 26. Dress pants and a white shirt, no problem. It all comes down to the method of properly folding the shirt over the gun once you get it tucked in. Very comfortable, I've been using this gun/holster for eight years, never had an issue with it.

Last Edited:
Great Topic!

Love the responses thus far as well...especially about the tailoring your clothing. Lets see if I can help out with some questions.

With Concealed Carry becomming ever increasingly popular, the firearm/holster industry has exploded within the last 10 years or so. There are more options than you can think about! Nevertheless, the problem with wearing a pistol with a tucked-in style dress clothing is multi-fold. You want to conceal the pistol enough to not "print" the pistol through the clothes or give away the holster but you still want to be able to get to the firearm in a quick manor, as well. I, like many, recommend the Crossbreed Supertuck.

2009-xmas-present-2-2.jpg

On the standard model, the clips do show on the outside of the belt. You can, however, get replacement velcro attachments.

But there are other options besides hip carry. Ever heard of PagerPal Holsters?

144075_02_leather_holster_pager_pal_deco_640.jpg
The Belt clip is desguised as a pager...I, personally, have tried this holster and was not a fan- it was virtually impossible to draw when sitting down but nobody knew I was carrying even when I told them I was.

Then there are undershirt holsters, as well.

Whatever you choose, practice drawing with that holster/pistol combo out on the range and shoot it...I would also recommend a little empty gun draw/holster practice as well (traing as you fight!).

Hope this helps...cheers!

That picture doesn't actually have the v-clips in it but I've owned one that does have them installed for 3 or 4 years now for my Kimber Ultra Carry 2. It stays put exactly where you attach it all day and no one has ever noticed me carrying a gun there, though I do find I spend a bit more time than I like adjusting my shirt in restrooms when using it "tucked." In casual settings, it also works well with just a loose t-shirt draped over it.

As one person already mentioned for other IWB tuckables, it won't work with slim fit shirts but it's fine with relaxed fit shirts.

The glue on the loop velcro they offer for your belt has flowed a tiny bit over the years, forcing me to pull it up and reseat it once or twice. If I were installing velcro on a new belt again, I'd probably buy my loop velcro elsewhere and attach it with a proper leather glue instead.

My old Elder's Quorum president works for the FBI in Portland and he always carried to church. He either carried a super tuck type IWB or an ankle holster. I also have a M&P40c and have a Foxx little hybrid holster and it does a pretty good job. I can wear my suit jacket or not. But belt is key. Check out Foxx holsters.

They say a firearms enthusiast will accumulate a whole box/crate of holsters in their lifetime trying to find the right one or "fit" or the right one for a particular job/outing.

+1 for the ankle holsters or pocket holsters.
Ive used a "deep tuck" holster with my tucked in shirt.. I can still tell its there..not to mention I find it damn uncomfortable.
The coat pocket would be ideal, winter is coming. Worry about other carry options in the spring.

Next, the fanny pack OR the zipper "gun bible".. Its about the size of a book and zips up. It allows you to carry a pistol and a spare mag.
The benefits.. Its quite easy to tote around in a possible sheepish business atmosphere.
I have one like it in my briefcase or that Ill carry around (Ive opened my briefcase before with a pistol openly displayed.. Though I didn't care it tacked on 15mins of talking about it that I really didn't have during that day)
sometimes depending on the fear factor from potential big clients even us OCers have to skirt around their hoplophobia.

The upside, they'll think its just pens and paperwork or a bible crammed in there.

The down side, unless you're aware of its location at all times it can get away from you. Further more its a x2 step retention system and rapid deployment isn't a part of its design reducing your overall combat effectiveness, However if your situational awareness-FU is strong that may not be an issue.

I have a Ted Blocker Tuckable holster for my government 1911, and it conceals very well. I'm 5'8 and 165lbs, and I have no problem concealing a full sized gun. I can even wear shorts and a t-shirt. My problem, is that I have a freakishly long torso that makes tucking somewhat difficult, but not impossible. Flare the shirt, and you won't have a problem. Like titsonritz said earlier, if you can't conceal a gun in a suit, you're not trying very hard.

<broken link removed>

Guns in pockets suck, every time you sit or squat down, or have you pick something up. Hybrids work very good 3 to 5 o'clock, crossbreed super tuck, galco kingtuc, foxx. I work in a restaurant, front of the house, nobody has ever noticed, well at least they didn't say anything.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top