JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have any experience with lane co.
Using the online carry classes , is there any
One that lane co. Will except? I have to do class again my expired while I was in Alaska. Kinda sticks in my kraw to sit through it again.

I don't have any experience with on-line or Lane. I'm a Benton County card holder. While previously with Polk mine had expired while out of state and all I had to do to renew at Polk County was bring in my original course cert. that I applied with and pay the renewal fee. Sorry Lane County is so left leaning. Nothing wrong with a refresher though. I'd recommend in class and lumping on the Utah if you travel much. Good luck.

Oregon was trying to get rid of the online version a little while back, I moved away, so I'm not sure if they did or not. If they didn't, you should be good to go. Also, of you previously had a license in Oregon, it's a transfer.

Oregon was trying to get rid of the online version a little while back, I moved away, so I'm not sure if they did or not. If they didn't, you should be good to go. Also, of you previously had a license in Oregon, it's a transfer.
If it expires it's a renewal at best and only a transfer if you move from one Oregon county to the next, OP was out of state. I could be off a smidge.

If it expires it's a renewal at best and only a transfer if you move from one Oregon county to the next, OP was out of state. I could be off a smidge.
Thanks I'll check on transfer, only problem it's been a bunch of years now. Just didn't redo it I was flying back and forth to Dutch harbor Alaska. It would have expired again now I'm clear of that now and have free time.

I had a Multnomah County one, moved to Hawaii, and just got my new one from Douglas County. My original was expired and I had been out of state for five years. Douglas County treated it as a transfer and gave me the permit the same day.

As of last week Lane County Sheriff was processing applications/renewals from early Oct.
Not going to be a quick turn time even after your application is submitted.

Last Edited:
Thanks- sure seems like this covin thing gives everyone the excuse they they were looking for, to just give sh—ty services. Ya don't have to look very far online too find it. :(

I just got my CHL from Clackamas County on 12/21/2020. Here's someone who'll give you the required training online, at your own pace, for $15 ($10, if you can't afford $15): https://or-chl.com/

I used it and scheduled appointment with Clackamas in October 2020. They scheduled me to come in May 2021. I called back to be placed on the wait list and the December date opened up, so I took it.

I just got my CHL from Clackamas County on 12/21/2020. Here's someone who'll give you the required training online, at your own pace, for $15 ($10, if you can't afford $15): https://or-chl.com/

I used it and scheduled appointment with Clackamas in October 2020. They scheduled me to come in May 2021. I called back to be placed on the wait list and the December date opened up, so I took it.
Thanks I see they don't have a wait list at this time :( So ya just have to check your self manually every day :eek:

Thanks I see they don't have a wait list at this time :( So ya just have to check your self manually every day :eek:
"They" meaning OR-CHL.com or Clackamas County Sheriff? Correct, OR-CHL has no waiting list. It's an online course that you do at your own pace.

What I meant was I paid the $15 to OR-CHL and took the course. Afterwards, I printed the NRA certificate and called Clackamas County Sheriff to schedule an appointment to get my CHL. Clackamas County scheduled my appointment 7 months out. There was definitely a wait list for getting a CHL from Clackamas and I was on it, which allowed me to grab a spot last December after someone else cancelled.

Apologies for the confusion.

Just a side note. CC renewal check cut and sent to Lane County Sheriff 12/03/20 for renewal date of 01/13/2021. Renewed CC card arrived in my mailbox 02/04/2021. Roughly 2 months.

Based upon website info their turn times may be getting shorter. Prior conversation indicated they were increasing staff working on the back log. Currently processing 786 new/renewing applications.

I know it is super late to reply.
Oregon is a shall issue state. The Oregon Sheriffs have an online course. I used it, and received my permit once I actually got my appointment. The online class is legit. https://oregonchl.org/ It works. All OR sheriffs are required to accept it.

That said, unless you already have an appointment with your sheriff's department soon. I would schedule the appointment, and then find a class. If your appointment is before you can find a class, the online class is fairly fast and you get the certificate within a week of completion. I used the online class before making the appointment, I wish I hadn't. If I had made arrangements with a local class, I probably could have gotten the Utah cert as well. Now I still need to find a Utah class so that I have more reciprocity around the nation.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top