JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's what I was originally thinking and will likely end up doing. I'd like to get a lock box to put behind the seat. I did however carry my snubby .357 the day I got my chl (I was a stoked:D). This was in a cheap uncle mikes holster and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. So I'm hoping an IWB holster would make it possible/comfortable but who knows.

PS I'm not licensed to carry a hammer. If I used that for self-defense I'd probably get cited:s0112::s0114:

Last Edited:
I was actually an Oregon carpenter for over ten years, decades ago. Over time I came to always have a gun nearby, as jobsites were constantly pilfered from, even in broad daylight. I learned to keep my tool boxes locked up or next to me, after losing several favorite tools! I never knew who was a new subcontractor visiting for a bid, a potential customer snooping for quality standards, a building inspector dropping by, or a punk on a reconnoiter!

I tolerated sarcastic jabs for always having a sheath knife on my toolbelt, but I was always frustrated by the issue of hiding a gun on my person. Now that there are so many small gun options, it would be possible to keep one inside a baggie right in a toolbelt pouch. But the fumble-factor of that carry and that size of gun is problematic. Pants belt carry whether inside the pants or not is just impossible.

Coming to the rescue now are the concealment shirts and vests and even undershirts that have been developed. High-priced "undercover cop" shirts like the 5.11 Tactical line are an option, with concealed chest pockets that pop open with velcro. There are several jacket and vest styles available from different makers. Myself, I'd want an oversized vest to wear over a sweatshirt for cold weather, or over a t-shirt for hot months. Check out www.sportsmansguide.com as they have recently featured several cheap options in vests and jackets. If you Google "concealment shirt" or "concealment vest" or "concealed carry clothing" you will get lots of hits. I'd also consider a "surveyor's vest" with large pockets to carry lots of your small gear and writing instruments. The so-called "tactical" vests are dead giveaways that you are carrying, to any trained eye, but that might not be a bad thing.................elsullo

If you're looking for concealment on that type of job, you may have to give up on carrying in a way that allows rapid draw. It's a tactical disadvantage, but it doesn't guarantee disaster. The vests and undershirts mentioned by elsullo are excellent options.

Coming to the rescue now are the concealment shirts and vests and even undershirts that have been developed. High-priced "undercover cop" shirts like the 5.11 Tactical line are an option, with concealed chest pockets that pop open with velcro. There are several jacket and vest styles available from different makers. Myself, I'd want an oversized vest to wear over a sweatshirt for cold weather, or over a t-shirt for hot months. Check out www.sportsmansguide.com as they have recently featured several cheap options in vests and jackets. If you Google "concealment shirt" or "concealment vest" or "concealed carry clothing" you will get lots of hits. I'd also consider a "surveyor's vest" with large pockets to carry lots of your small gear and writing instruments. The so-called "tactical" vests are dead giveaways that you are carrying, to any trained eye, but that might not be a bad thing.................elsullo

If you're looking for concealment on that type of job, you may have to give up on carrying in a way that allows rapid draw. It's a tactical disadvantage, but it doesn't guarantee disaster. The vests and undershirts mentioned by elsullo are excellent options.

Thanks guys. I hadn't thought of concealment clothing. That's a great idea.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top