JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I feel very fortunate. Not only do I carry at work (I take it off and put it in my desk drawer when working just for comfort sake), my boss is an NRA Instructor and we talk firearms and shooting fairly regularly. Everybody else at work knows I am a shooter and they don't seem to have any problem with it.

8 full time employees in my office; 6 CHLs.

We have occasional show n tell. It's a great atmosphere.

I think a lot of carrying at work has to do with just how concealed you feel your weapon is. I have been carrying in a business environment for 7 years now, and have sorted through several different weapons and holsters until I arrived at my current setup. I carry a Kahr PM9 in a Comp-Tac CTAC holster. I took the rear belt attachment off of the holster, so there is just the single belt C-clip showing. This set up is incredibly compact, my dress shirt tucks over the top of it, yet it is still at least a 9mm.

In my opinion, carrying in "deep concealment" such as this requires some extra training. It is not as easy to draw and present your weapon, and the weapon is not as large as others that are easier to shoot. If you go this route, just know that you need to put in some extra training in order to be effective.

I occasionally have to enter a building where I cannot legally carry. I stow the weapon in a locked vehicle safe, and then put it back on when I return to the truck. I hate to leave a gun in my vehicle, but there are times that I have no choice.

Good luck finding the "perfect" system for you!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top