JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a concealed carry permit holder and carry virtually everywhere I go. I will be going to the portland swap meet in april and was wondering if it is legal for me to conceal carry in and on the expo center grounds and at the portland international racetrack. I have looked on all three websites, portland swap-meet website, the portland expo site and the IPR site, but cannot find anything regarding weapons or conceal carry. I realize that you cant carry in the expo center when they are having a gun show but I am unsure if that is the law or just the gun shows policy. Just looking for someone more knowledgeable about the BS Portland gun laws seeing as I do not live in portland.

Unless the swap meet(on any private entity holding an event) specifies no firearms as a condition of admission, you can carry. Both facilities are owned by public entities so they can't restrict you from carrying due to state preemption. Metro owns the expo center and the city of Portland owns PIR.

Even if they have a policy, the most they can do is ask you to leave.

I'd carry.

Great thanks for all the good information I appreciate it. It is just hard to know sometimes with all the red tape where I am legal to carry and not, especially in a liberal city that I do not venture to very often.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews