JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for opinions on CC to these types of appointments.
I would like to avoid leaving my firearm in the car.
All I have is a G19 with a Hybrid IWB holster, so that's my only option.

Take the risk of them seeing it and possibly asking me to leave, or lock it up in the car?

There should not be any issues conceal carrying at the dentist. If the dentist is feeling around your waist you need to see a different dentist... or give her/him a big tip.

For seeing the doc, I'd get a small pocket pistol like a glock 43 in a pocket holster. I hardly ever need to examine the front pocket area and if I did I'd have you change first. So your firearm stays in your pants and no one will know.

You could bring a spouse and have them hold on to it. pocket holster and have it go into a coat or backpack.

Or just carry and see what happens. Worst case is they ask you to leave or ask you to leave it in the car.

Find health care providers that support the 2A. if they ask you to leave, find another.
Your safety is more important than PC. Just be somewhat discreet. Unless there is a "Gun Fee Zone" sign they can't make you leave and shouldn't refuse service. MY wife is a RN and Team Leader at Kaiser and although they ask employees not to carry weapons (not even knives) they say nothing to patients (many of whom carry). We both carry into all Kaiser clinics and Hospitals and don't go out of our way to "hide" it.

All good replies.
I'll conceal carry like I normally do.
Take my business elsewhere if for some reason they spot it and ask me to leave.

I cannot believe any of the healthcare places I frequent would be concerned with carry. They wouldn't know anyway.

But...The doctors office is a place where I do leave my gun in the car, my wifes purse, or at home, if I'm expecting to disrobe, just cuz there's no place to put the gun.

If I'm getting an X-Ray, I don't want to leave my gun in the dressing room that's covered only by a curtain, and I sure don't wanna carry my gun into the X-Ray room, wearing only a hospital gown.

I carry pretty much everywhere, but sometimes I've just gotta do what is prudent.

As a side story...A while back I met a guy in a parking lot to do an ammo deal. The guy I met was my eye doctor!:D Before that, I never would have thought this was a fun guy.

WAYNO.

Last Edited:
I know a good 2A dentist in downtown Portland. We chat about firearms and sports when I am there. Send me a PM if you want his name.

If I know I don't have to strip down (such as at the dentist), then I just carry as usual. If there is a chance I have to strip down, I put my gun into a 5.11 Tactical Single Pistol Case. It's innocuous enough that no one gives it a second glance - I think they just assume it's a holder for an iPad (about the same size as one) or contains business stuff like cards, notebook, etc. If I have to be separated from my gun, then it goes into a locked box in my car - but that is very rare.

Here is the 5.11 Tactical case I use - inside:

p_58724_019_Alternate1.jpg

And closed....

81k2gNyk%2ByL._UX385_.jpg

Yeah, I carry at the dentist but put it in a lock box in my truck for the doctor. Simple enough to do. Ya never know if you're going to need to draw down on them dentist types.

Yeah, I carry at the dentist but put it in a lock box in my truck for the doctor. Simple enough to do. Ya never know if you're going to need to draw down on them dentist types.

Well they have needles and drills in your mouth while pinnin your head to the chair so I would say your about as vulnerable as it gets sitting there...

I have no problem with tattoos but I am terrified of dentists, like happy gas or I won't stay terrified.:oops:

I went down to do a CDL physical. I always carry. I was expecting to disrobe but that didn't happen this time. (Gun and clothes would have never left my reach or eye sight) Doc ended up finding my gun. Nothing was said but my appointment abruptly ended. I walked out with my new medical card......

I always take along a small canvas book bag/briefcase type thing that I can toss my piece in along with a book to read while waiting for the doctor. For the dentist; no change in carry.

Looking for opinions on CC to these types of appointments.
I would like to avoid leaving my firearm in the car.
All I have is a G19 with a Hybrid IWB holster, so that's my only option.

Take the risk of them seeing it and possibly asking me to leave, or lock it up in the car?
Coat with a large pocket. I placed the coat under my leg while they did some work.

Your safety is more important than PC. Just be somewhat discreet. Unless there is a "Gun Fee Zone" sign they can't make you leave and shouldn't refuse service. MY wife is a RN and Team Leader at Kaiser and although they ask employees not to carry weapons (not even knives) they say nothing to patients (many of whom carry). We both carry into all Kaiser clinics and Hospitals and don't go out of our way to "hide" it.
On all the entrances to Kaiser facilities I have been to I have seen signs barring weapons, guns included.

I see about 5 CC's per year during physicals. Doesn't bother me a bit. Fun topic of conversation... Carry, reloading, hunting. It's all good. I am a 2A MD ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top