JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I cannot believe any of the healthcare places I frequent would be concerned with carry. They wouldn't know anyway.

But...The doctors office is a place where I do leave my gun in the car, my wifes purse, or at home, if I'm expecting to disrobe, just cuz there's no place to put the gun.

why don't you just get your own purse so you don't have to leave your gun anywhere? lol

im not certain that banks are federal property...?

No, I don't think they are (unless they are a federal credit union, for example), but somewhere in the back of my mind, I believe they are covered under federal law with respect to carrying. I haven't found the reference on that yet, but I know I've heard it more than once. I'd love to see the actual rule, just haven't had time to dig it up yet.

No, I don't think they are (unless they are a federal credit union, for example), but somewhere in the back of my mind, I believe they are covered under federal law with respect to carrying. I haven't found the reference on that yet, but I know I've heard it more than once. I'd love to see the actual rule, just haven't had time to dig it up yet.

Nope, state by state issue. OR and WA are both good to go for banks (I know WA is for a fact) I believe. They may restrict them like any other private business though, and we all know the rules for that.

You can check with the agency that issued your license, but I am 100% sure you can be trespassed for carrying in a hospital if you refuse to leave.
Im going to err on the side of caution and take your word for it. It sounds like one of those rabbit hole questions where one spends hours on Google and other sources looking for an answer to no avail... similar to the "law" prohibiting lawful carry onto the Post Office even with a permit.

Im going to err on the side of caution and take your word for it. It sounds like one of those rabbit hole questions where one spends hours on Google and other sources looking for an answer to no avail... similar to the "law" prohibiting lawful carry onto the Post Office even with a permit.

The only reason I am 99% sure on this one is that I work for one of the major hospital systems in Portland and I tried to argue some of the same points with our legal team when we revamped our firearm policy.

The only reason I am 99% sure on this one is that I work for one of the major hospital systems in Portland and I tried to argue some of the same points with our legal team when we revamped our firearm policy.

Now Im curious if it is the same hospital system I work for. Can you send me a message on which one and how you revamped the firearm policy? (you dont have to if you dont want) I know in mine I have a unique exception. I said "provide a security officer or let me carry" after several death threats and they let me carry because they did not want to pay for a security officer.

Now Im curious if it is the same hospital system I work for. Can you send me a message on which one and how you revamped the firearm policy? (you dont have to if you dont want) I know in mine I have a unique exception. I said "provide a security officer or let me carry" after several death threats and they let me carry because they did not want to pay for a security officer.

It is not the same system as I have tried the same thing and was told that there is no way I would be allowed to carry. They told me I might be able to get an exception to keep a firearm in my car, but that's it. Our policy was revamped as to how to handle situations when we encounter firearms, as it is 100% legal for people to ignore the posted signs in Oregon.

I see about 5 CC's per year during physicals. Doesn't bother me a bit. Fun topic of conversation... Carry, reloading, hunting. It's all good. I am a 2A MD ;)

Where are you located? I may consider changing primary's..... :)

(A PM reply would be fine)

I openly replied in hopes that other might "get the hint" if there is an issue with their doctor/primary physician. ;)

I would be interested in any doctors in the Vancouver or slightly north area - it looks like I may be changing insurance and maybe clinics soon so it would be a perfect time to send my insurance dollars to a member on here.

PM's are always fine if you are not into advertising.

If I know I don't have to strip down (such as at the dentist), then I just carry as usual. If there is a chance I have to strip down, I put my gun into a 5.11 Tactical Single Pistol Case. It's innocuous enough that no one gives it a second glance - I think they just assume it's a holder for an iPad (about the same size as one) or contains business stuff like cards, notebook, etc. If I have to be separated from my gun, then it goes into a locked box in my car - but that is very rare.

Here is the 5.11 Tactical case I use - inside:

View attachment 278370

And closed....

View attachment 278371

Ooh, I like that!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR