JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi NWF!

Fonzi here again. I've been working closely with some of the staff at Crimson Trace at length and am gradually becoming a convert to the idea of running a laser on my concealed carry piece. Why? Because it's cheating. And I am all about cheating when trying to preserve my safety and others'. Does anyone here have any thoughts on this? Pros? Cons? Recommendations or experiences?
I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Regards,

Josh Fonzi
Threat Dynamics

Lasers aren't cheating really, would be like saying sights in general are cheating. Anyhow, I think it's all just personal preference on whether to go laser or not. I do fine as a BTN (between the nipple) shooter at 7 yards with my concealed carry piece so don't see the need for a laser. Now, I do like the XS big dot on my LCR 357 magnum, helps me acquire the front sight in the dark even though I can point and shoot pretty well.

Have fun and be safe,
Mike

I just get all distracted and start chasing the darn thing all over the place ........ no wait, that's my cat .... sorry, my bad. I tried them, just couldn't get used to them. Still am able to hit what I need to when I need to with iron, though I do like the radioactive ones because they are all glowy at night and I can find the front sight.

Mike

What if you can not raise your pistol to eye level. Can you look through one hole in the wall and shoot from another hole and hit your target.

A worthless con if using a ct. Unless his holster squeezes the pistol grip in the upper front of the grip.
Yeah, it definitely depends on the holster. Mine is fine. But as the switch is on the front of the grips, just below the trigger guard it's not hard to imagine a holster that would activate it.
We all have our preferences. Maybe with his holster of choice?

I am personally not a laser fan; it is just one more aspect of thought that requires brain power in a stressed situation. I don't want my eyes fixated on a dot when it should be looking for possible
Yeah, it definitely depends on the holster. Mine is fine. But as the switch is on the front of the grips, just below the trigger guard it's not hard to imagine a holster that would activate it.
We all have our preferences. Maybe with his holster of choice?

I have not yet seen a holster turn a crimson trace laser.

3 to 12 feet . less than 4 seconds from start to finish
Until it isn't. Until it is a gang breaking into your house. Oh yeah, I forgot that every encounter with a gun is stationary and lasts for only 3 seconds with only 3 rounds expended. We should all go back to S&W Model 60's and be done with all this rigamarole.

Last Edited:
Seriously? Go order a holster online. Where do you buy your holsters? I'll do the work and send you a link.
The Crimson trace lasers are on the grip of the pistol they are the same size of the handgrips you take off the pistol (1911)and others you add about 1/8 inch to the front of the grip and about a 1/4 inch bump above your big buckle on your trigger finger. One question how many holsters cover the grip of your pistols excluding the old Calvery holsters that you have to lift the flap to get to the pistol

Seriously? Go order a holster online. Where do you buy your holsters? I'll do the work and send you a link.
One more question
Are you talking about the pistol grip laser or are you talking about the rail master laser(which I be leave you are) and not the grip laser. In which case we are both correct.

The red Laserguard and the green Laserguard are different shapes and sizes. Lasergrips red or green would make no difference, though. The green Laserguards are the same size/shape as the Lightguards.

Until it isn't. Until it is a gang breaking into your house. Oh yeah, I forgot that every encounter with a gun is stationary and lasts for only 3 sends with only 3 rounds expended. We should all go back to S&W Model 60's and be done with all this rigamarole.
-
Yes I am talking reality . Your Fictional delusions or analogies of gang overrun of your personal living quarters ? Plain over exaggeration in your justification of Laser pointer use on your personal carry .
I'm afraid your using a Laser pointer on your personal carry pistol is just a placebo on your part. It's false reinforcement to your lack of proper training and knowledge .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top