JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I noticed it at the bottom it mentioned the Illinois state police are investigating the officers use of force. Do you guys thinks that's there just to appease some people. What's there to investigate.

I noticed it at the bottom it mentioned the Illinois state police are investigating the officers use of force. Do you guys thinks that's there just to appease some people. What's there to investigate.

Sounds like a standard procedure to me. Every use of an officer's firearm is reviewed as a matter of course.

The conceal carry permit holder had the element of surprise and probably had the time to take aim. My guess is it was his bullet and I say good on him for doing what was needed.

An attempt to delay or limit the BLM rioting. Even if the perp was white or "other." Anti-police is anti-police and needs no justification once the money is flowing in.

It's fake news . come on man we all know there are no legal counsel carry in Chicago.
The only people that are aloud to carry are the bad guys.
Lol

Quote:
The unnamed "hero" could be a retired or off-duty law enforcement officer to whom these requirements do not apply.

Or he could be a resident of another state where he has obtained his CCW permit. But only if he resides in Hawaii, New Mexico, South Carolina, Virginia, Arkansas, Mississippi, or Texas.

There is no public record of the unnamed CCW holder being handcuffed and detained for questioning which is SOP in such cases. There is no record of him even being questioned. It may be that he was well-known to the local police officers and was consequently given professional courtesy.

For the average citizen with a concealed-carry permit, however, such blatant interference with a police "investigation" would likely spell more trouble for himself than he wants. Most trainers advise staying out of harm's way in such an instance for many good reasons including: to avoid getting shot, either by the police officers mistaking the citizen for the BG (bad guy), or by the BG himself; and to avoid shooting an innocent bystander, with all the legal and financial implications that would follow.

The only time a CCW holder should become involved in a situation as dangerous as this would be if the officers either request assistance or grant it to the civilian if he offers it. Then he becomes an officer of the law with power to arrest. Unquote. Police Commend Concealed Carry Citizen for Assisting in Chicago Shootout

Sorry, since I don't get paid for nor am I living in retirement from a 'serve & protect' career, I shall remain a good witness to the event, UNLESS I can unequivocally state I feared for my or my loved one's life!

I always keep OJ's not guilty criminal verdict in mind, only to lose everything due to a 'guilty' verdict from his civil suit! Excellent witness mode it is!

Quote:
The unnamed "hero" could be a retired or off-duty law enforcement officer to whom these requirements do not apply.

Or he could be a resident of another state where he has obtained his CCW permit. But only if he resides in Hawaii, New Mexico, South Carolina, Virginia, Arkansas, Mississippi, or Texas.

There is no public record of the unnamed CCW holder being handcuffed and detained for questioning which is SOP in such cases. There is no record of him even being questioned. It may be that he was well-known to the local police officers and was consequently given professional courtesy.

For the average citizen with a concealed-carry permit, however, such blatant interference with a police "investigation" would likely spell more trouble for himself than he wants. Most trainers advise staying out of harm's way in such an instance for many good reasons including: to avoid getting shot, either by the police officers mistaking the citizen for the BG (bad guy), or by the BG himself; and to avoid shooting an innocent bystander, with all the legal and financial implications that would follow.

The only time a CCW holder should become involved in a situation as dangerous as this would be if the officers either request assistance or grant it to the civilian if he offers it. Then he becomes an officer of the law with power to arrest. Unquote. Police Commend Concealed Carry Citizen for Assisting in Chicago Shootout

Sorry, since I don't get paid for nor am I living in retirement from a 'serve & protect' career, I shall remain a good witness to the event, UNLESS I can unequivocally state I feared for my or my loved one's life!

I always keep OJ's not guilty criminal verdict in mind, only to lose everything due to a 'guilty' verdict from his civil suit! Excellent witness mode it is!
That would be correct but the police officer was already shot 4 times and bad guy was still Shooting .
So somebody had to step in.

CCW
That would be correct but the police officer was already shot 4 times and bad guy was still Shooting .
So somebody had to step in.

'Good Samaritan' (GS) didn't know those facts whatsoever as reports state as BG was running away from initial LE contact towards GS.

If proven GS shot BG, will be interesting to see the judicial proceeding unfold as it will be difficult defense to prove GS' life was in danger, or that he had knowledge what BG was doing!

There are too many times when JQCitizen steps in with good intentions but then suffers grave bodily injury or death with the ensuing catastrophic consequences on the family's infrastructure & revenue flow! There is no LE union to step in for JQCitizen and their family who operates under the kneejerk mentality of 'somebody had to step in!'

CCW

'Good Samaritan' (GS) didn't know those facts whatsoever as reports state as BG was running away from initial LE contact towards GS.

If proven GS shot BG, will be interesting to see the judicial proceeding unfold as it will be difficult defense to prove GS' life was in danger, or that he had knowledge what BG was doing!

There are too many times when JQCitizen steps in with good intentions but then suffers grave bodily injury or death with the ensuing catastrophic consequences on the family's infrastructure & revenue flow! There is no LE union to step in for JQCitizen and their family who operates under the kneejerk mentality of 'somebody had to step in!'

How exactly Do you know what the guy knew or saw?o_O

Like I said in the OP, it could have gone south in a hurry, but as a decent human being, I don't know how you could sit and watch two cops be murdered and do nothing. Unless I had the family in the car, then I would never do anything to draw gunfire in their direction.

Well we don't know exactly what happened .
We were not there but if you see a guy Shooting at a cop car .
And do nothing when you could have that's something you will have to live with.
But you are right about the fact you could be mistaken for a bad guy also.
This could went eather way .

How exactly Do you know what the guy knew or saw?o_O

Like I said in the OP, it could have gone south in a hurry, but as a decent human being, I don't know how you could sit and watch two cops be murdered and do nothing. Unless I had the family in the car, then I would never do anything to draw gunfire in their direction.
So my step dad was a retired police officer in California.he always carried a gun.
On night him and my mom pull up to a store in RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA.as a man is walking out with a gun pointed at the clerk .and the takes off running.
He had robbed the store.
My mom said to him why didn't you do something.
My step dad says he didn't shoot anyone .and was not Shooting at us .
I am not going to start a gun fight in the parking lot for 50 bucks

So my step dad was a retired police officer in California.he always carried a gun.
On night him and my mom pull up to a store in RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA.as a man is walking out with a gun pointed at the clerk .and the takes off running.
He had robbed the store.
My mom said to him why didn't you do something.
My step dad says he didn't shoot anyone .and was not Shooting at us .
I am not going to start a gun fight in the parking lot for 50 bucks
POETRY......SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD GUY
SUCKS TO SEE THAT EXAMPLE FADE AWAY...GOD KNOWS IT DID NOT RUB OFF/STICK TO MY PARENTS GENERATION WELL. GOOD THING GRANDPARENTS MADE SURE TO RUB IN ON THE GRANDKIDS AS WELL. HATS OFF TO THE TIE WEARING/SHIRT TUCKERS OF WWII GENERATION. SORRY FOR PASSINGLY Judgment so harshly on the next generation but.......

HOW COULD YOU LOSE COMMON SENSE AND COMPASSION COMMITTMENT ALONG WAY?
I THANK THE STARS FOR LESSONS HANDED DOWN AND HAVE FAITH IN THOSE BELIEFS. bubblegumIN GUNFIRE IN CROWDED TRAFFIC...POS...
SHOULD HAVE ENDED OWN STORY WHEN BOXED IN...
TRASH THEY ARE BECOMING

POETRY......SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD GUY
SUCKS TO SEE THAT EXAMPLE FADE AWAY...GOD KNOWS IT DID NOT RUB OFF/STICK TO MY PARENTS GENERATION WELL. GOOD THING GRANDPARENTS MADE SURE TO RUB IN ON THE GRANDKIDS AS WELL. HATS OFF TO THE TIE WEARING/SHIRT TUCKERS OF WWII GENERATION. SORRY FOR PASSINGLY Judgment so harshly on the next generation but.......

HOW COULD YOU LOSE COMMON SENSE AND COMPASSION COMMITTMENT ALONG WAY?
I THANK THE STARS FOR LESSONS HANDED DOWN AND HAVE FAITH IN THOSE BELIEFS. bubblegumIN GUNFIRE IN CROWDED TRAFFIC...POS...
SHOULD HAVE ENDED OWN STORY WHEN BOXED IN...
TRASH THEY ARE BECOMING
You need to choose your fight .
Some times it is better to let them run away .
And nobody gets hurt.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads