Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Concealable .40 w/ safety

Discussion in 'Handguns Wanted' started by jdub75, May 6, 2009.

1. jdub75

jdub75 PNW Well-Known Member

I'm looking for something in a 40 short & wimpy OR 9mm in a compact or subcompact size WITH a manual safety for my concealed carry. It can be new or used. I can do cash, trade, or a combo.
    For trade considerations:
    I have ammo (223, 22LR, some old plastic cased .38, some .38 reloads, and various new mfr .40),
    FTF only, w/ private bill of sale.
    Thanks,
    Jdub75

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  2. B_rice

B_rice vancouver Member

u should lookin to a springfield sub compact xd 40

3. jdub75

jdub75 PNW Well-Known Member

Picked up a S&W M&P 40c the other day, fits me like a glove & shoots more comfortably than my Glock 22 strangely enuf...was expecting much less controllability in a small package. It was accurate as I could expect shooting with no brace or bench.
    Absolutely satisfied.
    Shot about 80 rounds of mostly cheapo stuff for the first time & the very last round of the very last clip I shot didn't feed & the slide locked open like it was empty. Not sure if this is just new gun break in or the result of 79 prior rounds of PMC & even cheaper stuff thru the action?
    I looked at the Springfield but it just felt awkward in my hand & too heavy IMO. Too bad...the price is right on those, but then again, they aren't made stateside (at least the reciever...made in Croatia).