JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know I gave a pistol to my wife that she carries. I also carry a pistol I bought in a private transaction. I do not think that would be a very big deal if anything ever happened. But it is hard to say, regulations for transferring pistols are pretty lax. But that doesn't mean a lawyer can't use irrelevant information to put whatever spin is in the best interest of their client.

Since there is no Federal or OR state registration I am not sure how you would go about that.

If you want to register you guns then you need to move to a state like NY or WA DC to do that.

was talking about the guns u carry to be registered in your name

you dont need no stinkin registration round here......

There is no such thing............yet........hopefully never. You can carry any handgun you own, or a friend owns, or a relative, or .......well you get the idea. The permit doesnt list any specific one.

This may be slightly off subject, but it might help us to understand your thinking. Does your monniker mean that you are a gang member, or just a rebellious kid that listens to bad music? I know, Juggalo's keep denying that they're a gang, but our local LE considers them to be one.

As to your question, most law abiding citizens wouldn't hesitate to carry a gun that they had legally purchased with full FFL paperwork. You seem to be asking whether you should instead carry a weapon that you acquired through a private party so that it might be harder to trace back to you should you decide to use it illegally then throw it away... Am I missing something?

Juggalos are about the least scary gang in existence. They are all a bunch of fat white teenagers and pre-teens wearing clown paint.

Also they don't know how magnets work.

I figure OP's nick is just a joke, especially considering the XXL on the end of it. :s0114:

Also they don't know how magnets work.
:s0114:

Now that's funny! I just had to do a google search to see what you meant. They didn't teach us about the ICP family's fascination with magnets in my LE classes.:s0112:

To the OP: I didn't mean for my post to be passing judgement if you're not a gangster or wannabe; I just don't understand the rationale behind a throw-away gun for someone carrying concealed for the right reasons.

I have no registered guns....

Therefor..

I cannot carry a gun that's registered in my name.

I carry one that's "registered" to me, but I have at least one more in the safe that isn't "registered" just in case I ever get in a SHTF situation and my carry weapon is needed for evidence. Open the safe and I have another ready to go.

Or, when the UN sends in it's "peacekeepers" to confiscate weapons they'll never know if they got them all or not!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

I carry one that's tracable to me, but I have at least one more in the safe that isn't tracable just in case I ever get in a SHTF situation and my carry weapon is needed for evidence. Open the safe and I have another ready to go.

Or, when the UN sends in it's "peacekeepers" to confiscate weapons they'll be told that I had a terrible boating accident and lost all my firearms in the lake.----------------------------------------------------------

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

fixed it for you.

The lesson from Katrina is that you have to keep some proof that you acquired each gun legally, and that means locking up copies of receipts, bills of sale, etc., in a very safe place. The New Orleans PD gun storage room is still stuffed with weapons that the rightful owners can never get back, because they lost their paperwork in the flood.

BTW, in other states the CHL holder has to register the S/N of each gun that s/he intends to carry.

you might have issues gettin it back if it isnt in your name

and to all you who think they dont keep track

they would have no need for the SN when they do the bg check if they didnt keep the info

fixed it for you.

I got out of boats years ago, quit the yacht club, sold the boat, boat well and "hole in the water" (dock space) and went into RV's.

----------------------------------------------------------

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

deen_ad;321172]I carry one that's "registered" to me, but I have at least one more in the safe that isn't "registered" just in case I ever get in a SHTF situation and my carry weapon is needed for evidence. Open the safe and I have another ready to go.

Or, when the UN sends in it's "peacekeepers" to confiscate weapons they'll never know if they got them all or not!

The UN peace keepers will be dead at the airport or on the shores.They will not make it off their mode of transportation.

I have often wondered about this myself. I am well aware that Oregon has no official registration process, although the serial number is given during the NICS check, which some people equate with registration. In the almost eight years I have been carrying, I have only carried a gun that I bought new from a retailer. This was so that I knew there was no possible way (except an error during the NICS check, or during the process of another gun being reported as stolen) my weapon could be listed as stolen, or shown to belong to anyone other than myself. Don't know if it matters, but I also don't want to find out the hard way.

The first handgun I ever purchased ended up in evidence twice, and was released the next day both times. Once in OR, once in WA. Again, I don't know if being the owner on record had anything to do with the quick return of my gun, but if it did, then it was well worth it. I would have been devasted to lose that $900 piece.

As far as the ICP reference is concerned, I also listen to ICP and Twisted and KMK among others. In my vehicle I have a 6 cd changer. Disc 1: Garth Brooks. Disc 2: Bryan Adams. Disc 3 and 4: country music compilations. Disc 5: ICP. Disc 6: Eminem. You all may use this information when weighing the credibility of my posts, or when considering trades with me:s0155:

When I was given weapons by either my grandfather or my father they always gave me a letter listing it as a gift and included the serial number. These are scanned along with a picture and stored on a thumb drive...NOT on any of my computers...and the original letters stored in a firebox in the house.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top