JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am well aware that Oregon has no official registration process, although the serial number is given during the NICS check, which some people equate with registration.

When is the serial number given during the check?

All I have ever heard a dealer say is "Long gun" or "Handgun" when speaking on the phone. Then of course all the buyer info.

The gun info is recorded on the 4473, but no on NICS.

When is the serial number given during the check?

All I have ever heard a dealer say is "Long gun" or "Handgun" when speaking on the phone. Then of course all the buyer info.

The gun info is recorded on the 4473, but no on NICS.

Maybe it's not something that is done in Washington. I've made around ten purchases and they always read off the serial number to whomever is on the other end of the line. It's always make, model, caliber, and serial number. Any Oregon resident, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

As far as the ICP reference is concerned, I also listen to ICP and Twisted and KMK among others. In my vehicle I have a 6 cd changer. Disc 1: Garth Brooks. Disc 2: Bryan Adams. Disc 3 and 4: country music compilations. Disc 5: ICP. Disc 6: Eminem. You all may use this information when weighing the credibility of my posts, or when considering trades with me:s0155:
I couldn't care less what kind of music he listens to. In fact, I have my share of old punk rock albums uploaded to my ipod and car stereo for those times when I need a little added angst. However, an inter-departmental gang taskforce member that spoke at a college class I attended indicated that they consider Juggallos to be a gang. Based on that fact, and because the only prior post I remembered from the OP was something like "rock it like you stole it, dude!", I simply wanted to know if he was a gang member.

BTW, in other states the CHL holder has to register the S/N of each gun that s/he intends to carry.

True - A friend was telling me that his Concealed Carry Permit only allows for 4 guns to be listed. If he wants to carry something else he has to go to the local SO and file for a change giving up one of the others to add a new gun. Another friend was telling me that Nevada was the same way but that they have a supplemental form to add additional guns. Nevada has a limit of 12 guns being listed on your permit at any one time. While some states will only allow handguns to be used for concealed carry Nevada will allow AOWs, SBRs, and SBSs if they are papered to you. My friend has an MP5K and witness protection pump 12 (2+1) on his list.

I keep reading this stated in many different ways. I am dumbfounded that anyone really believes this story about UN troops coming to the US is a possibility.

This is a conspiracy theory .Some like to believe that the government will bring in the UN troops to take our guns and be used as police in this country.

I think enough people in Wa DC understand what would happen if they tried to do this.

When I was given weapons by either my grandfather or my father they always gave me a letter listing it as a gift and included the serial number. These are scanned along with a picture and stored on a thumb drive...NOT on any of my computers...and the original letters stored in a firebox in the house.

I always send stuff like that to my email...Just in case the thumb drive and your computer gets lost you can access it from anywhere

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top