JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First off, most of my friends that know that I am carrying are LEO's or carry themselves. Those who don't know, DON'T KNOW any different. I'll keep it that way. If some one has a CHL I would not mind if they carried into my house without my prior knowledge. I would respect their decision to arm themselves just as I have. Granted I won't know who has a permit or not but then again criminals won't bother to get a permit will they. So, if I have invited you into my house I trust you enough to be around my family. If some one seems "off" then they don't get invited in. (Don't try to enter uninvited, it's been tried :)) Either you learn to trust but be prepared or, you live in fear.

FYI: My brother in-law cannot stand even the sight of guns but what he doesn't know hasn't hurt him when I've gone to visit. :D.

Let's just say for example, "I have a friend of a friend" who went to dinner at another friend's house and carried. During dinner the topic of firearms came up and host's spouse blatantly stated that they don't allow firearms in their home. Would you just sit there and continue the meal, have a debate or excuse yourself and leave? I'm just stirring the pot here....

As far as the host's spouse is concerned, there are no firearms in the house.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt97006 View Post
Let's just say for example, "I have a friend of a friend" who went to dinner at another friend's house and carried. During dinner the topic of firearms came up and host's spouse blatantly stated that they don't allow firearms in their home. Would you just sit there and continue the meal, have a debate or excuse yourself and leave? I'm just stirring the pot here....
As far as the host's spouse is concerned, there are no firearms in the house.....
A
s far as the host's spouse is concerned, there are no firearms in the house.....

zakly, finish my steak, an ask what's for dessert............

A few of my good friends know I carry. Otherwise my gun is concealed, and the people I'm with don't know, and if they don't know they can't care.

The reason I chose to tell some of my friends is because if I'm ever with them and things start going south, I want them to be aware that I may introduce a firearm and not be caught by surprise.

I believe that having a concealed weapons permit means it should be kept concealed. I make it a rule NOT to tell anyone that I have a permit/carry. My wife and I had a talk soon after we were engaged, and she respects my right to privacy, so she has told noone.....even my Mother and sister have no idea.

Concealed means concealed, period. The less people who know, the better, as far as I'm concerned. Friends/family have no reason to object, if they don't know you're carrying. :s0155:

The majority of my friends have CCP's, so it has absolutley never been a problem. I would be surprised if any of us were ever without a sidearm. The people in my inner circle are as used to seeing guns as they are cell phones.

If I'm ever in question about bringing a gun into someone's house, I just don't say anything. They don't know and I don't have a problem.

Since I do a lot computer work on the side in peoples' homes, I never tell anyone that I'm armed. If they don't want me there armed, then they don't want me working on their computer (and much of the time its gratis work anyway!)

I wouldn't associate with anyone that wasn't armed. So it is assumed that we will always be ccw in each others houses. If one of my friends wasn't armed, I just wouldn't feel safe around them.

I don't have a concealed permit. I plan to get one, as soon as I can. (I'm only 20).

But. Concealed means concealed. I wouldn't tell anyone if they asked. Unless they some how saw whatever I was carrying. Which would mean I did a very poor job at concealing.

You're welcome to carry in my house. That's just more of "us" against "them" if something happens.

Since I encourage you to carry everywhere I go in public places, why would I mind you carrying anywhere I am?

$.02

I assume any adult I welcome into my house is armed. Anyone who knows me should assume I am armed. I don't ask permission, if they felt that strongly, they would have a sign declaring firearms to be off limits. I don't tell them what type of underwear I have on, nor what sort of pocketknife I am carrying. My gun is no more likely to jump from my holster and begin firing wildly than my hands are likely to begin throttling innocents.

My decision to carry a firearm is a personal one, and I don't feel the need to declare it. If I am not trusted with a firearm, then I am not trusted, and I won't go there. My state makes no requirement that the homeowner be informed of my decision.

And, I don't voluntarily associate with anti-gun bigots.

I backpacked for years with friends in griz country so I had armour piercing in my .44 mag...they never knew I packed. But I sure felt safer knowing I had an opportunity to attempt to save someone should all our precautions not prevent an attack. They still do not know I pack...and I am not going to tell them.

What are your thoughts on entering another persons home while carrying? Either close friend or an acquaintance? Is there a courtesy in disclosing or asking permission to bring a firearm into their home? Or is it one of those don't ask don't tell things? I'm not sure how I'd feel about someone else coming into my home armed without my knowledge. Whether it be a group get together or whatever, frisking everyone at the door would just seem odd. Do you just consider everyone armed and keep your situational awareness tuned in at every moment? I suppose I am just now considering the issue and though I would throw out some food for thought. What are your opinions on the matter?

I personally feel its disrespectful to not ask permission, even if its a close friend. They might have a HUGE dislike/fear of firearms and not want them to be in the home. To just conceal carry without asking isn't cool, imo. Especially if they have kids.

Now, if I was going to go out on the town with them, I wouldn't hesitate to carry once we left the home.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top