JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"An agency that decides to take the law into its own hands and decide which laws it can abrogate represents a very severe threat to civilized society."

When was ORS.166.370 passed? Amended?

Did the People of Oregon get to vote on it?

"An agency that decides to take the law into its own hands and decide which laws it can abrogate represents a very severe threat to civilized society."

dont know... but this is part of the statute as an exception from the law:

(d) A person who is licensed under ORS 166.291 and 166.292 to carry a concealed handgun.

doesn't apply to courtrooms, but it exempts us from prohibitions from un-posted "public buildings."

Why yes... yes they did. In a round about sort of way... when they KEEP ON VOTING FOR THE SAME TYPE OF TOOLS THAT THEY JUST DID ON THE LEFT COAST!!!! :mad:

Sure you can't have guns or knives... but what about armor? If I ever have to go to the courthouse again I'm gonna go in there with a big molle plate carrier, put on a massive coolface, and do my haters gonna hate walk.

Hey, the worst that could happen is you get out of jury duty! :D

Sure you can't have guns or knives... but what about armor? If I ever have to go to the courthouse again I'm gonna go in there with a big molle plate carrier, put on a massive coolface, and do my haters gonna hate walk.

Hey, the worst that could happen is you get out of jury duty! :D

Armor is fine. But if it won't pass the metal detector...have fun taking it off to enter. ;) And no that will NOT be an excuse to skip out Jury duty, at least for Multnomah County. If I was going there I would wear tennis shoes, jeans minimal metal and be able to slip wallet/keys/belt/cell in tray and walk through. You really don't want to have to be taking off your shoes right now in the rainy season...that floor gets real wet and dirty!

FOF: Why not drive to Jury duty? Park across the bridge and walk/ride bus back across. Just get there real early to get free park spaces...

They should make it so you can go to a special room that is for CHL/CCW holders where a deputy or a police officer observes you secure your weapon and lock it up. You simply go about your business and once your done you go back to the room and pick up your property. Now having said that, I know at the Beaverton Police department, you can be inside the police department with a weapon/pistol (not sure if you can OC into the building) but you can't go inside the court room with the firearm..... BUT if you do so, there are no metal detectors and I hope they know that. If some nut job wanted to go in and start blasting people, judge, officers.... he or she could very well do that. You never know these days, someone could snap over a speeding ticket and I would hate to see something like that happen.

They should make it so you can go to a special room that is for CHL/CCW holders where a deputy or a police officer observes you secure your weapon and lock it up. You simply go about your business and once your done you go back to the room and pick up your property. Now having said that, I know at the Beaverton Police department, you can be inside the police department with a weapon/pistol (not sure if you can OC into the building) but you can't go inside the court room with the firearm..... BUT if you do so, there are no metal detectors and I hope they know that. If some nut job wanted to go in and start blasting people, judge, officers.... he or she could very well do that. You never know these days, someone could snap over a speeding ticket and I would hate to see something like that happen.

That last bit is exactly why they don't do that. It has happened before... People get very angry while attending court or paying fines. I also don't think they want to do deal with the libality of having people lock up their weapons. Remember usually when a rule is made is because some idiot did it.

yep... it's totally cool to infringe on the Constitutional rights of hundreds of millions because of a once-every-50-years jackass who "ruins it for us all."

liberty and safety are contrary terms, and i'll always take liberty.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top