JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To be upfront here I did not read this whole thread...so if this has been said , I am sorry for repeating it.

If you do carry at a Fair...something else to consider is just how secure is your handgun going to be if you go on a carnival ride...?

I am not saying to carry or not...just pointing out that ones carry method may not be "Carnival Ride " proof or rated...so to speak.
Andy
Edit to add :
Yes I know the easy answer here is don't go on a carnival ride...
But sometimes even the best of folks don't think things all the way through...
And if your sweetheart or kid wants to ride the carousel ...Just how bad can that be...?
This is more what I am taking about here , rather than the Hey look a roller coaster...lets ride that one...
Something that ain't so obvious as a bad idea.

I had a good laugh at the Washington county fair when they were searching my wife's purse at the entrance but completely ignored me who was armed. Though she was not carrying, they didnt look in the part of the purse where she normally conceal carries. So basically a completely useless search. Good job guys!

I didnt see any signs saying no weapons.

Honestly, given how packed that place was if something bad went down I would be glad I was carrying instead of packing around a whole BBQ turkey leg like everyone else.
Same exact thing happened to us lol, they searched the crap out of her and i walked right in with my g27 in an iwb holster

I haven't read all the posts, but enough to tell me that being 'patted down' or having my wife's purse searched by a non-LEO isn't something I'd tolerate.

No, I wouldn't kick up a fuss, I simply would decline and leave.

I do though wonder about the legality of such an intrusion...

I just went to the county fair over here in Central Oregon and know there was at least 6 others there carrying. It is not as crazy in reasonable parts of the state / region as it is in the whacked out urban areas. Police over here actually like concealed carriers.

if its a public place and your state law says youre exempt if you have a CHL...for example ORS 166.173 section2(c) then security can go pound sand.

i carry at the Oregon State Fair every year.

Well, this is something of an old Thread and much of what was said earlier has been restated, Thrice! Once in 2014, then in 2015 and again now. It pretty much comes down to Concealed Carry means just that.

My wife and I went to the Clark County fair today (Wed, 8/7/19). Looked at the livestock and the arts & crafts, watched a demo derby and ate some tasty chicken teriyaki by Patrick's Hawaiian Cafe. Entrance security was the same as it's been for a few years: a guy scans your ticket and two nice ladies search handbags, backpacks & other containers. No wands or walk-thru detectors.

Last Edited:
Spent the day at the Clackamas County fair yesterday, carried, of course. I've seen some folks open carry in the past, didn't see any out there yesterday. Still no searches on entry, not even my pack. Spent the day with my head on a swivel though. Watching people, keeping an eye out for anyone out of place, acting strangely (more strange than your typical fair goer, of course ;)). Was an uneventful day in that sense. Folks were pretty well behaved for the most part. Was finally glad to leave the crowds at the end of the day.

Boo hoo, can I carry here? Can I carry there? Do I have your permission to protect myself/family?

As long as there's no metal detectors, nut up and carry. Don't tell anyone about it, just carry.

Sheesh.

P

At a concert at the Orange Show Fairgrounds in San Bernadino, DPRK (seriously crazy vibes are endemic to the venue) I forgot to leave my EDC piece in the car, and remembered just before we got to the gate. I handed my Swisschamp and derringer to my wife, which she put in her purse. The Official Snooper Cop felt the purse from the outside and said "Take out the heavy object in the bottom." She showed him the Swisschamp and we were good to go. ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top