JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is once again Washington State (Puyallup) Fair time. The fair opens tomorrow. Has anyone heard of any gate changes? I live too far away to take my concealed home if there are metal detectors. We plan on going next week, so I'll be checking back .

I live too far away to take my concealed home if there are metal detectors.

Then why would you ever go somewhere there is metal detectors ?? I know, it is the state fair..but I know this guy who told me that he has went to two county fairs, one state fair, 1 ren faire, and one rock concert, all comfortably set up the way he liked to be. The use of metal detectors at anything other than airports smacks of big brother.

I did go unarmed to a Hops game, but only in the stadium. Going to the Skynyrd concert next Sat, probably leave it in the car. Now back in the day, a gun at a Skynyrd concert was pretty damn common, and would have been good to have. Now days it us old fossils at those shows and present little threat ??

Do they have any kind of inspections for the people getting on the ferries in WA.??.that seems like tactically those are pretty soft targets.

I live on the Kitsap peninsula and frequently use the ferry system. The only checks I know of are the State Patrol running the dog past the cars waiting to board. I'm pretty sure they are trained for explosives, not drugs. We've carried concealed many times on the ferries. Actually open carrying but never got out of the vehicle which makes it concealed in WA.

I hear ya about the Skynyrd concert. In our house it's too old to take a beating and to fat to run. That's why we carry and that's why I'd like to find out if anything has changed. We haven't been to the fair in five years and I can't carry a cop out the gate to my car so I'm hoping someone who's going will chime in if much has changed.

It is once again Washington State (Puyallup) Fair time. The fair opens tomorrow. Has anyone heard of any gate changes? I live too far away to take my concealed home if there are metal detectors. We plan on going next week, so I'll be checking back .

They'll never have metal detectors.

1) They're too expensive (especially the waterproof ones to keep outside)
2) They're inconsistent (they only detect the metal that is magnetic and it is an accumulated amount of metal, not a cluster of metal in one area)
3) They're overly burdensome to enforce (making guys remove belts, gals remove big earrings, etc.)
4) They're all overly sensitive (touching them sets them off)

If anything, they will have a guy with a wand metal detector...in that case, just wear a big belt buckle and carry IWBA (Inside the Waistband Appendix) towards your balls and problem solved.

Went to the puyallup fair today. No metal detectors.
Obviously I concealed as they don't want firearms.
And to anyone that may say something about patronizing a business that doesn't respect our Rights, relax. My wife gets tickets for free. We didn't give them any money.

Do they have any kind of inspections for the people getting on the ferries in WA.??.that seems like tactically those are pretty soft targets.
The ferries are part of the hiway system and can not stop you from carrying
Now years ago a friend was going hunting and the dog signaled on his truck,lol
The stater chick got her panties in a bind when he said "Of course we have guns .We're going hunting"
Her boss said it was Oky Doky. It's just like driving down the road

Heck over here in Idaho,if they didn't allow guns nobody would come

I would recommend you get a small tethered lock box/safe for your car since it sounds like you don't already own one. While it's rare I need mine, there are occasions that I can't have my gun on me (my job takes me into courthouses, etc. from time to time), so I lock it up in that small safe. It's tethered to the car, so it's not going anywhere easily, and it's out of sight under the seat. You don't have to spend a lot of money, you can get a decent one for under $50, even for one that bolts to the car, either in the trunk or in a truck cab, for even more protection.

I got one of these as a gift - while it's not as secure as a full-on safe, it's not something someone's going to defeat in seconds, which is about all the time a car thief will want to spend in your car:

61muO-4h9bL._SL1251_.jpg

This one is going for $29 shipped on Amazon right now: http://www.amazon.com/Club-LB200-Pe...&qid=1442321190&sr=8-15&keywords=car+gun+safe

Some others, like Gun Vault are worth looking at too. If you're going to carry, it's a good idea to have something like this in your car, just in case you do find yourself somewhere where you can't carry it.

Is the property privately owned or is it government owned property?

In Clark County the fair is held at the Event Center- property owned by the county, like a park. The fair is just another event held on county property. Clark County does not have a policy banning firearms from the Event Center. They have gun shows there.

Puyallup Fairgrounds are privately owned.

Last Edited:
I'm wondering if it is legal to conceal carry at the Central WA state fair in yakima wa.

This is from their website.

The following items are not permitted at the Central Washington State Fair:

Bottles or cans
Hard-sided
coolers
Frisbees and beach balls
Laser pointers
Any noise making devices
Fireworks
Illegal drugs and alcohol
Weapons and dangerous devices of any type
Selfie Sticks
No Pets - Service Animals Only

I'm wondering if it is legal to conceal carry at the Central WA state fair in yakima wa.

This is from their website.

The following items are not permitted at the Central Washington State Fair:

Bottles or cans
Hard-sided
coolers
Frisbees and beach balls
Laser pointers
Any noise making devices
Fireworks
Illegal drugs and alcohol
Weapons and dangerous devices of any type
Selfie Sticks
No Pets - Service Animals Only
There's nothing that's legally stopping you.
If it's private property, like the puyallup fair, then the most they can do is ask you to leave if discovered.
If it's truly a state fair then legally they cannot stop you.

I would recommend you get a small tethered lock box/safe for your car since it sounds like you don't already own one. While it's rare I need mine, there are occasions that I can't have my gun on me (my job takes me into courthouses, etc. from time to time), so I lock it up in that small safe. It's tethered to the car, so it's not going anywhere easily, and it's out of sight under the seat. You don't have to spend a lot of money, you can get a decent one for under $50, even for one that bolts to the car, either in the trunk or in a truck cab, for even more protection.

I got one of these as a gift - while it's not as secure as a full-on safe, it's not something someone's going to defeat in seconds, which is about all the time a car thief will want to spend in your car:

View attachment 256160

This one is going for $29 shipped on Amazon right now: http://www.amazon.com/Club-LB200-Pe...&qid=1442321190&sr=8-15&keywords=car+gun+safe

Some others, like Gun Vault are worth looking at too. If you're going to carry, it's a good idea to have something like this in your car, just in case you do find yourself somewhere where you can't carry it.
We actually have several tethered safes, but both carried concealed all day with no problems. I just forgot to come back and thank everyone for their responses.

They'll never have metal detectors.

1) They're too expensive (especially the waterproof ones to keep outside)
2) They're inconsistent (they only detect the metal that is magnetic and it is an accumulated amount of metal, not a cluster of metal in one area)
3) They're overly burdensome to enforce (making guys remove belts, gals remove big earrings, etc.)
4) They're all overly sensitive (touching them sets them off)

If anything, they will have a guy with a wand metal detector...in that case, just wear a big belt buckle and carry IWBA (Inside the Waistband Appendix) towards your balls and problem solved.
LOL, I carried IWB in appendix location. Hubby might take offense if I carried towards the family jewels. In all fairness, I did not state that I'm a female. I refuse to drag a purse around and I will never carry my firearm in a purse. Too easy to have it stolen.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top