JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe it's on their website. The Wa State Fair (puyallup fair) sucks anyway.
When I first moved here all I heard about was how great the puyallup fair was.
Took me three years to finally go and I was so disappointed. Wasn't what I expected and was forced to conceal due to the fact it's privately owned and operated and they don't want weapons on the grounds.
Never saw a state fair that small before. It's really more of a road show anyway.

I believe it's on their website. The Wa State Fair (puyallup fair) sucks anyway.
When I first moved here all I heard about was how great the puyallup fair was.
Took me three years to finally go and I was so disappointed. Wasn't what I expected and was forced to conceal due to the fact it's privately owned and operated and they don't want weapons on the grounds.
Never saw a state fair that small before. It's really more of a road show anyway.
The Multnomah county fair is what sucks (I know, it's not the state fair).. especially for the biggest county by population in Oregon. I think they have some jam there and that's it.. maybe a couple chickens.. it's at Oaks Park and don't ever bother.

No kidding.. that chicken I was talking about had a nose ring and stank of patchouli oil too. true story

That's just nasty - I can't tell you how much I hate that smell. Growing up, a friend's parents were big time 60's hippies - he smelled like that crap all the time. A few times I forbid him from riding in my car as the smell would linger. I'd love to see a chicken with a nose ring though :s0093:

You 2 need to move back to where ever you came from if you think any of these fairs,especially the WWF, is small.
Y'all obviously moved to the wrong area
Your opinion does not change my experience. The puyallup fair is the smallest state fair I have ever been to in any state. And it's not really a fair. It's just an ex prison where they push hot tubs and scones at you in between the lame rides.
Sorry to burst your bubble.

The rodeo at the Puyallup is a pretty good one, however. Keep in mind, if you're going to carry, have a durn-good holster--that Tilt-A-Whirl and the like can create some serious centrifugal force. Don't want your pop-gun falling out, that's just embarrassing.

I had a good laugh at the Washington county fair when they were searching my wife's purse at the entrance but completely ignored me who was armed. Though she was not carrying, they didnt look in the part of the purse where she normally conceal carries. So basically a completely useless search. Good job guys!

Bwwhaaaa..I wonder how many times that happened this year. Same fair, same situation. I had a 9mm with 2 extra mags, an asp and pepper spray on my belt under my nice button up collared shirt. They looked through my wifes purse, and also did not look in the compartment where she normally has that .380. If I had not had the 9mm on, I would have had my .380 in the nice pocket holster in my back pocket, looks just like a wallet. I saw 2 deputies I knew, who know I carry, and there were no issues at all.

I felt very safe there.:)

Well, I'll be trying it tomorrow. Going out to Canby for the fair! It's a favorite, my Grandparents had a dairy farm three miles south of Canby.

Next Day: Well, a complete non-issue! I saw no signs referring to firearms anywhere. We had a nice time, a couple of greasy snacks and looked at the FFA and 4H exhibits. A very pleasant little fair! SRG

Last Edited:
"Now, in a bar in WA it is illegal to carry, concealed or otherwise even with a CPL."

What qualifies as a bar in WA? Don't want to accidentally get myself in hot water while eating a meal at a brewpub somewhere.

"Now, in a bar in WA it is illegal to carry, concealed or otherwise even with a CPL."

What qualifies as a bar in WA? Don't want to accidentally get myself in hot water while eating a meal at a brewpub somewhere.
It has to be off limits to minors (under 21) per the Washington state liquor control board.
There must be a sign at the entrance to the off limits area. So if it's a restaurant with a bar the sign will be located at the entrance to the bar itself.
It doesn't apply to taprooms. For example there is a taproom near my house that serves only beer. Minors are allowed so I can carry.
Check out rcw 9.41.300 for more info.

It has to be off limits to minors (under 21) per the Washington state liquor control board.
There must be a sign at the entrance to the off limits area. So if it's a restaurant with a bar the sign will be located at the entrance to the bar itself.
It doesn't apply to taprooms. For example there is a taproom near my house that serves only beer. Minors are allowed so I can carry.
Check out rcw 9.41.300 for more info.

Thanks.

So no seating myself at the bar at Applebees, for example. Got it.

The Sheriff fixed the sign :)

RCW.jpg

I interpret the word concealed to mean that no one knows I'm armed. Not trying to influence the behavior of other people, it's just my personal choice. That said, I guess I'm guilty of breaking the rules from time to time in banks, bars, stores, sporting events, etc... reckless scofflaw that I am.

My worry is arriving at a particular desination, maybe hours from my home, where security is running metal detectors, lifting jackets, looking in bags, back packs and so on. What then? March my pistol back outside and leave it in the car/truck? Not at all comfy with that, again for my own reasons.

Perhaps we might create one central topic-specific thread where we can maintain a list of places/events known to actively check for forbidden items including firearms at the front door? Is there one already? Might make a good sticky!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top