JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Stupid question I am waiting on a stamp for a Kriss vector SBR with a folding stock turns out it fits perfectly in my Vertex commuter sling bag. This bag was previously used for my CZ Scorpion pistol. From what I understand I cant carry my Vector around concealed as it is a rifle after the stamp is this correct?

Stupid question I am waiting on a stamp for a Kriss vector SBR with a folding stock turns out it fits perfectly in my Vertex commuter sling bag. This bag was previously used for my CZ Scorpion pistol. From what I understand I cant carry my Vector around concealed as it is a rifle after the stamp is this correct?
Which state are you in? Every state has different laws on CC.
In my State, WA, we can't carry loaded long gun concealed. All the more reason I finally got around to getting an AR pistol. Using 4 position Brace it's still a handgun. So I can legally carry it in our vehicles. If the folding adapter was not so pricey I would already have one of those too. Still on my want list, but at the price they go for its down the list a way :D

Which state are you in? Every state has different laws on CC.
In my State, WA, we can't carry loaded long gun concealed. All the more reason I finally got around to getting an AR pistol. Using 4 position Brace it's still a handgun. So I can legally carry it in our vehicles. If the folding adapter was not so pricey I would already have one of those too. Still on my want list, but at the price they go for its down the list a way :D
Im in Oregon.

Out of curiosity, how do you like your Vector? Reliability?
I have 2 one in 45 and one in 9mm. The 9mm is a carbine getting converted to an SBR and has the binary trigger in it has probably 14000 rounds through it I could probably count the issues i have had on one hand it has been extremely reliable. The 45 is the carbine version and only has about 5000 through it and I had one issue that turned out to be magazine related. Both are gen 2.

From said statute:

"A person who is licensed under ORS 166.291 (Issuance of concealed handgun license) and 166.292 (Procedure for issuing) to carry a concealed handgun."​
166.260 Persons not affected by ORS 166.250. (1) ORS 166.250 does not apply to or affect:

(a) A parole and probation officer, police officer or reserve officer, as those terms are defined in ORS 181A.355.

(b) A federal officer, as defined in ORS 133.005, or a certified reserve officer or corrections officer, as those terms are defined in ORS 181A.355, while the federal officer, certified reserve officer or corrections officer is acting within the scope of employment.

(c) An honorably retired law enforcement officer, unless the person who is a retired law enforcement officer has been convicted of an offense that would make the person ineligible to obtain a concealed handgun license under ORS 166.291 and 166.292.

(d) Any person summoned by an officer described in paragraph (a) or (b) of this subsection to assist in making arrests or preserving the peace, while the summoned person is engaged in assisting the officer.

(e) The possession or transportation by any merchant of unloaded firearms as merchandise.

(f) Active or reserve members of:

(A) The Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard or Marine Corps of the United States, or of the National Guard, when on duty;

(B) The commissioned corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration; or

(C) The Public Health Service of the United States Department of Health and Human Services, when detailed by proper authority for duty with the Army or Navy of the United States.

(g) Organizations which are by law authorized to purchase or receive weapons described in ORS 166.250 from the United States, or from this state.

(h) Duly authorized military or civil organizations while parading, or the members thereof when going to and from the places of meeting of their organization.

(i) A person who is licensed under ORS 166.291 and 166.292 to carry a concealed handgun.

166.250 Unlawful possession of firearms.
(1) Except as otherwise provided in this section or ORS 166.260, 166.270, 166.273, 166.274, 166.291, 166.292 or 166.410 to 166.470, a person commits the crime of unlawful possession of a firearm if the person knowingly:

(a) Carries any firearm concealed upon the person;

(b) Possesses a handgun that is concealed and readily accessible to the person within any vehicle; or

(c) Possesses a firearm and:

(A) Is under 18 years of age;

(B)(i) While a minor, was found to be within the jurisdiction of the juvenile court for having committed an act which, if committed by an adult, would constitute a felony or a misdemeanor involving violence, as defined in ORS 166.470; and

(ii) Was discharged from the jurisdiction of the juvenile court within four years prior to being charged under this section;

(C) Has been convicted of a felony;

(D) Was committed to the Oregon Health Authority under ORS 426.130;

(E) Was found to be a person with mental illness and subject to an order under ORS 426.130 that the person be prohibited from purchasing or possessing a firearm as a result of that mental illness;

(F) Is presently subject to an order under ORS 426.133 prohibiting the person from purchasing or possessing a firearm;

(G) Has been found guilty except for insanity under ORS 161.295 of a felony; or

(H) The possession of the firearm by the person is prohibited under ORS 166.255.

(2) This section does not prohibit:

(a) A minor, who is not otherwise prohibited under subsection (1)(c) of this section, from possessing a firearm:

(A) Other than a handgun, if the firearm was transferred to the minor by the minor's parent or guardian or by another person with the consent of the minor's parent or guardian; or

(B) Temporarily for hunting, target practice or any other lawful purpose; or

(b) Any citizen of the United States over the age of 18 years who resides in or is temporarily sojourning within this state, and who is not within the excepted classes prescribed by ORS 166.270 and subsection (1) of this section, from owning, possessing or keeping within the person's place of residence or place of business any handgun, and no permit or license to purchase, own, possess or keep any such firearm at the person's place of residence or place of business is required of any such citizen. As used in this subsection, "residence" includes a recreational vessel or recreational vehicle while used, for whatever period of time, as residential quarters.

(3) Firearms carried openly in belt holsters are not concealed within the meaning of this section.

(4)(a) Except as provided in paragraphs (b) and (c) of this subsection, a handgun is readily accessible within the meaning of this section if the handgun is within the passenger compartment of the vehicle.

(b) If a vehicle, other than a vehicle described in paragraph (c) of this subsection, has no storage location that is outside the passenger compartment of the vehicle, a handgun is not readily accessible within the meaning of this section if:

(A) The handgun is stored in a closed and locked glove compartment, center console or other container; and

(B) The key is not inserted into the lock, if the glove compartment, center console or other container unlocks with a key.

(c) If the vehicle is a motorcycle, an all-terrain vehicle or a snowmobile, a handgun is not readily accessible within the meaning of this section if:

(A) The handgun is in a locked container within or affixed to the vehicle; or

(B) The handgun is equipped with a trigger lock or other locking mechanism that prevents the discharge of the firearm.

(5) Unlawful possession of a firearm is a Class A misdemeanor. [Amended by 1979 c.779 §4; 1985 c.543 §3; 1989 c.839 §13; 1993 c.732 §1; 1993 c.735 §12; 1999 c.1040 §1; 2001 c.666 §§33,45; 2003 c.614 §8; 2009 c.499 §1; 2009 c.595 §112; 2009 c.826 §§8a,11a; 2011 c.662 §§1,2; 2013 c.360 §§6,7; 2015 c.50 §§12,13; 2015 c.201 §3; 2015 c.497 §§3,4]

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads