JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know this may not end well for me but I could really use some ideas.

My external hard drive that I use as my back up seems to not be working :eek:. I have TONS of photos stored on there. I also have DVDs of most of the pics but I have not made a back up recently. 1-2 months. Is there a shop near that someone can recommend that might be able to retrieve my data?

BTW The drive is a Western Digital 500GB and it won't even power up right now. The proper voltage is coming out of the power supply.

HELP!

Is it in an external HDD case where it plugs into that? If so, have you tried removing it and hooking it directly to a computer as a slave? In that case there will be instructions on the drive as to how to configure jumpers if it's an IDE drive. Often no jumper works because that's "cable select" and the computer may just see it. Depends on the make and model.

More likely, this is a SATA drive, and if you carefully open the enclosure, you will find a hard drive inside. If you plug this in directly to your computer, it should power up and function properly. If not, do NOT take it to a normal computer shop, take it to someone who really knows what they are doing, or mail it to me. If they are guessing and "trying" to get it to work, they can cause more damage than good.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top