JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't like the idea of compromising our rights away any more than the rest of you here, but can there be win-win legislation? Or at least wins for us, while tricking the gun grabbers into thinking they got a win? The get Johnny a safe thread got me thinking damn I wish I had a nice safe. So how about this idea...

The protect our kids legislation, which grants tax breaks of up to $25,000 for child proof firearm storage. This legislation will allow for $25,000 to be spent at the discretion of the firearm owner in any way they see fit to protect their firearms from children and/or theft. This will stop children and thieves from having access to firearms, which in turn would reduce violence/mass shootings.

What do you think? Can you think of any other ideas that could trick the government into paying for more cool gun stuff for us at the expense of the gun grabbers? The suppressor legislation was kind of in this mold.

I don't like the idea of compromising our rights away any more than the rest of you here, but can there be win-win legislation? Or at least wins for us, while tricking the gun grabbers into thinking they got a win? The get Johnny a safe thread got me thinking damn I wish I had a nice safe. So how about this idea...

The protect our kids legislation, which grants tax breaks of up to $25,000 for child proof firearm storage. This legislation will allow for $25,000 to be spent at the discretion of the firearm owner in any way they see fit to protect their firearms from children and/or theft. This will stop children and thieves from having access to firearms, which in turn would reduce violence/mass shootings.

What do you think? Can you think of any other ideas that could trick the government into paying for more cool gun stuff for us at the expense of the gun grabbers? The suppressor legislation was kind of in this mold.
As someone who is 16 and wishes to buy a gun at 18 but the current idea is to raise the age to 21, I think it would be a good idea to let them raise the age, but when you turn 17 you can start a program where you can take a certain number of classes on firearm handling, safety, etc. and have 6 +/- range days with an instructor to display the knowledge. If you complete the course then you get a mental health test and if you pass that you get a license which would allow you to purchase firearms as they currently are 18LG/21HG. Then you have to renew the card as long as you are below 21 and own firearms every year by having a single range day to check retention and a mental health test. That way it would keep young potential shooters from getting guns but would allow somebody like me who wishes to purchase a gun at 18. Irresponsible people don't get the card, responsible people do. Just an idea though.

As someone who is 16 and wishes to buy a gun at 18 but the current idea is to raise the age to 21, I think it would be a good idea to let them raise the age, but when you turn 17 you can start a program where you can take a certain number of classes on firearm handling, safety, etc. and have 6 +/- range days with an instructor to display the knowledge. If you complete the course then you get a mental health test and if you pass that you get a license which would allow you to purchase firearms as they currently are 18LG/21HG. Then you have to renew the card as long as you are below 21 and own firearms every year by having a single range day to check retention and a mental health test. That way it would keep young potential shooters from getting guns but would allow somebody like me who wishes to purchase a gun at 18. Irresponsible people don't get the card, responsible people do. Just an idea though.

Kid. I'm gona forgive you.
You never knew what it was to be free.

Want a gun? Have your father buy you a rifle.
Mine did at age five.

Want gun control? Move to California. They got you covered. o_O

Kid. I'm gona forgive you.
You never knew what it was to be free.

Want a gun? Have your father buy you a rifle.
Mine did at age five.

Want gun control? Move to California. They got you covered. o_O
Washington State and Oregon have grand designs , how quickly you guys forget that you live in Deep Blue States like California ...

Government when it comes to tax breaks

A149BE22-AD34-4425-A4E7-66ED1D1D4C3D.gif

A firearms owner/prospective purchaser should never have to prove mental stability to do so. Way too vague, and far too easy to corrupt.

How many mental health folk (from counselors up to Psychologists) would deem a person suspect simply for wanting to own firearms?

Nope.

The onus should be on the "system" (healthcare, law enforcement etc) to prove an unworthy person mentally unstable AFTER proper charges etc.

Compromise means I demand, under penalty of law everyone on this forum owes me $100

But if you all pay by the end of the day today, I will drop it to $50

Great deal...right?

Requiring Special tests to exercise an inalienable right?....Let me ponder this......NO

Hmmm. Basic sentence structure. There/Their/They're. Two/To/Too. The capslock key, where and when.
Let's give it a try on the First Amendment------

Heck, I might even be in favor of limiting the round count per post on exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm. Basic sentence structure. There/Their/They're. Two/To/Too. The capslock key, where and when.
Let's give it a try on the First Amendment------

Heck, I might even be in favor of limiting the round count per post on exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for correcting me and making me a better person.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top