JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've even found .224 bullets the last three weeks in a row at my local Cabela's. From 40 gr all the way up to 77 gr.

If I recall correctly, this was also the approximate time that the component supply started picking up after the last panic (when BO was first elected). I learned my lesson then and stocked up in October.

Both Fishermans and Sportsmans Warehouse in Portland did not have any powder this last week. Not one pound of anything??

I find that very strange. But all the internet houses are out of powder and ammo too.

Since few are shooting anymore and those that do are using 22LR due to the cost, where is all the stuff going???

Since few are shooting anymore and those that do are using 22LR due to the cost
The people I run into in Sportsman's are doing the same as I am - buying what they can find and modifying loads depending on what they can get. Most are not shooting .22 because they cannot find it but are continuing to shoot reloads due to stocked up components. Those who are not shooting much (or at all) are those who have little to no ammo for anything they own and do not reload. I know a few in that position.

I went to tcgc sat and it was nearly empty. My wife and I were the only ones shooting. And the rifle range had a few shooters. But nothing like normal. But I'd be sitting in the sidelines too if I hadn't started reloading last year.

if I hadn't started reloading last year.
Those who have reloaded for any length of time usually seem to build up stocks of components by default. I have only known a few reloaders who have the self discipline to stick with a load that works and limit their components to just that. The rest of us are always trying something new, different bullets, powders and loads and wind up with a veritable 'reloading section' of the store on our bench shelves - which is what got me through 08-09.

I was at English Pit this weekend it was full range master said its like that often with more than an hour wait to get in,he said the classes
are booked full, I think part of it is every since this gun CRAZE everyone needs 40 guns and 900,000 rounds stocked up,
there are so many people that rushed out and bought guns that never owned a gun before, so many new reloaders, I bet across
the country there are millions of new folks in this sport/hobby now, the demand must of grown 1000% it will take awhile for supply
to catch up.

there are so many people that rushed out and bought guns that never owned a gun before, so many new reloaders,
And like anything the the 'newness' will wear off quickly in direct correlation with the speed with which it grew and those of us who have always been gun enthusiasts, shoot regularly and reload will always be doing it and those who bought because of the 'craze' will go out and shoot a few boxes of ammo, lose what little interest they had to begin with and they will sell or their stuff will collect dust. Same thing happened in the motorcycle arena, specifically with Harley - Davidson. In the early 2000's, about the time the wave crested on the HD 'craze' it was not unusual to find several year old HDs in like new condition with mileage in four digits or less.

The Cabelas in Eugene a weekend or two ago had one can of some smokeless powder and few black powder cans. No primers and bulk bullets in common calibers. My local Bimart hasn't had jack squat for reloading in months. My press is now a hat hanger for the time being. I am so frustrated with this ammo/reloading hoarding baloney.

With any luck you see improvements soon, Like we have here in Bend. Most of the powder and primers are still on the shelf from last week and this is a first in a long time. This tells me the panic buyers and scalpers are finally thinking pragmatically. Should be more .22 ammo in this week also.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top