JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been stocking up slowly since last fall and trying to get away from Just In Time reloading practices in which I would just stop by Walmart or the LGS to grab components for whatever I was wanting to shoot that month. Only been reloading for a few years, and on a limited income, so haven't really been able to buy in bulk.

Decided to do a complete inventory of primers, powder, and bullets for my most often shot firearms. I was surprised at how much I had for some, and how little for others.

Small Pistol Primers - 3800
Large Pistol Primers - 1200
Large Rifle Primers - 4300
Small Rifle Primers - 600

Pistol powder (TiteGroup, Blue Dot, Unique, Ramshot Silhouette, etc) - 12 cans
Rifle powders (Varget, RL22, Lil' Gun, 4895, etc.) - 8 cans

9mm bullets - 1800
.40 S&W/10mm bullets - 600
.308 bullets - 750

I did not count all of the .45 cal handgun and rifle bullets on hand since I rarely shoot those.

If I go to a minimum of shooting 50 rounds of 9mm a month, I could shoot for 3 years with current stock. That's not enough, IMHO. But, I have enough powder to load nearly 19,000 rounds of 9mm.

Definitely need to get more .40 S&W/10mm bullets and more small rifle primers. Almost all of my .401 pistol bullets were Hornady XTPs, so should be easy to find cheap plinking bullets for those.

Anyone else do a complete inventory and realize what they needed to stock up on?

I think you're doing well.

I also don't think I'd post my inventory online.

If I even had any. Which I don't.

:D

I'm not aware of any fire regulations that prohibit the amount of ammunition or components one can keep in their private residence for personal use. Nor have I heard of anyone being reported to authorities for having a small amount of reloading components on hand.

Is this really a thing now?? :s0153:

I'm not aware of any fire regulations that prohibit the amount of ammunition or components one can keep in their private residence for personal use. Nor have I heard of anyone being reported to authorities for having a small amount of reloading components on hand.

Is this really a thing now?? :s0153:
Not sure on primers, but powder yes.

Edit:
Primers too. See my post below.

Last Edited:
Wow, primers are limited to 10K in a private residence. Seems like a pretty low number. But what do I know. I buy primers 100 at a time, it's all I can find and all I can afford :(
I was surprised at that number too.

Then again, it's 10,000 more than I have.

So...

I needed some large pistol primers and decided to try a new 44 Special powder so ordered some Blue Dot too...I don't keep much on hand but do keep powders in plastic HD ammo can, and primers separately.

If you need powder, Selway Armory in Idaho seems to have a wide selection of powders on hand still but you of course pay hazmat fees to ship, and then it only takes three days to ship into Portland area.

Selway is always a good company to do business with!

I think I have 23 primers and 60 grains of powder with 20 9mm projectiles. I can load 20 boolets and have 3 primers left over for the next round of loading. Nothing to see here, move along. ;)

Scored another 1000 Large Pistol primers at the LGS today. Clerk tried to shame me and called a manager over asking if I could buy a case. :s0153: Also found a box of .401 XTPs in 180 grain.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top