JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Spikes Tactical overdose! Finally complete. The build list is at the bottom.
dx1ap0.jpg
4jroub.jpg
30dfb46.jpg
fwjdrt.jpg

Complete Lower
Spikes Tactical Forged Lower (multi) with Spider Logo and Bullet Marking Selector
Spikes Tactical Pistol Buffer Tube with Foam Rubber Sleeve
Spikes Tactical T2 Buffer and Spring Assembly
Spikes Tactical QD Receiver End Plate for QD Sling Swivel and QD Sling Swivel
Spikes Tactical Lower Parts Kit
Spikes Tactical Enhanced Billet Trigger Guard with Spider Logo
Spikes Tactical Enhanced Battle Trigger (Nickel Boron Finished)
Hogue Rubber Over-Molded Pistol Grip
Complete Upper
Spikes Tactical Forged M4 Flat Top Upper Receiver w/Spider Logo
Aero Precision 10.5" 1/7 Twist 5.56 Barrel (4150 Chrome Molly Vanadium)
Spikes Tactical .750 Low Profile Gas Block and Tube
Spikes Tactical LW BAR2 10" Rail (Black with rail cover panels) Spider Logo
Spikes Tactical M16 Bolt Carrier Group w/Spider Logo (Full auto capable)
Spikes branded Troy Flip-Up Back Up Iron Sights
BCM Medium Latch (mod 4) Charging Handle
Magpul AFG 1
Primary Weapon Systems CQB 556 Muzzle Compensator
Sights/Optics
Aimpoint CompM (old school)
AimPoint QRP2 Quick Release Mount

I have just slightly over $1500.00 into it including the optics. It was important to me to keep it as many of the components as possible the Spikes Tactical brand. I am a big fan of Spikes.

A lot of people have been pushing the Sig brace to me but I'm not sure I'm a fan of it yet. I have never tried one so I can't really knock it but I don't like the look too much. I can shoulder the buffer tube pretty effortlessly as it is. That is because the recoil on this is pretty negligible.

I'm also a Spikes fan. I've had the pleasure of using one of the arm braces, kind of interesting. Really does help and feel like it should feel. But millage may very.

Nice build, btw. :)

I started my AR pistol because of the brace :) I refuse to get in line and pay for a SBR and wait... F them. Plus I can travel to WA and shoot without any issues because I live in Oregon. Before the brace, my AR pistol shouldered nice, but with the brace it is perfect and feels great. Yeah it's a bit bulky, expensive, and it adds more weight but it's worth it IMO.... feels great against my shoulder too.

10462689_581764821936517_6625430204547319196_n_zps0bf57bfc.jpg 10491986_581764835269849_5801118249215074042_n_zps430d53ac.jpg

Biggie 24420,

I have never tried the brace, just because I never really liked the look. I have to admit, after seeing your build I am rethinking my opinion on it. That is one sweet looking build you have there. I wish you' list the parts for us.

I'm just going to have to give one of those braces a try before I continue knocking them.

Ok here are my AR pistol parts

-Anderson Lower (was bought brand new and a virgin)

-Upper is a RED-X Arms 10.5" with a MICOR flash hider. It's a thick barrel and 1:7 twist none-chrome lined, but it's coated with something lol, I don't remember all the details. And it's a carbine length gas tube and I have no cycling issues at all. And I don't know what brand the quad rail is but the upper is free floating also.

- None brand name Mil-Spec lower build kit.

-Rock River Arms pistol buffer tube.

-Spikes Tactical buffer spring 1-17

-Spikes Tactical ST-T2 buffer (love it!)

-Sig SB15 brace.

-Magpul ASAP rear plate/sling adapter whachima call it lol.

-Gunfighter med. latch charging handle (love it !)

-Magpul MBUS front and rear sights.

-Aim Surplus M-16 BCG ($80 shipped! and been working great).
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XAIMBCGBDG

-Troy A.B.R (Ambi Bolt Release) similar to the Magpul B.A.D.

-Magpul K2 grip and it feels great.

-Strike industries Cobra angled forend grip (similar to the Magpul AFG) thinggy lol.

-KZ .90 flashlight mount, mounted on my aluminium front gas block.

-Fenix PD-31 light.

-Blackhawk single point sling with HK type clip and a quick release buckle.

-Bushnell TRS-25 red dot.

So the RRA buffer tube is thick enough that I don't have to worry about the brace moving around, but if you tried, you could get it to move side to side. As far as the brace moving forward, that is why I wrapped the front of the brace (between the brace and the back of the receiver) with para chord and it also makes the tube look thicker and look better. I think the skinny buffer tube and the chunky arm brace look DeedDee lol... it looks like a club foot.

So yeah that is all I have done to this PDW/Pistol.

Biggie 24420,

I have never tried the brace, just because I never really liked the look. I have to admit, after seeing your build I am rethinking my opinion on it. That is one sweet looking build you have there. I wish you' list the parts for us.

I'm just going to have to give one of those braces a try before I continue knocking them.

I think you'll like it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads