JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Does no one click the "check availability"???

Everyone dogs on opticsplanet but they never click that. If it says in stock, its shipping within 5 days.

That upper though says ESTIMATED to ship in 4-6 weeks.
Yep, the stock status changed as it said in stock when I placed my order. That is why I paid with cc if they jerk me around, it will be dispute time.

Does no one click the "check availability"???

Everyone dogs on opticsplanet but they never click that. If it says in stock, its shipping within 5 days.

That upper though says ESTIMATED to ship in 4-6 weeks.
NO ONE ever checks lead time before shipping lol. OP planet has gotten a bad wrap for no reason in my opinion. The last 2 years it hasnt been just OP Planet and most place go hit with back orders and delays. I myself will not order anything if it says ships from manufacture or do not have live inventory. If really need the item in a short time period i will email any seller to confirm ETA.

This thing sure opened a can of worms. I didn't realize the effort required just trying to get it all pieced together into a baseline package. A couple 10rd mags from here, 4-30s from there, a decent firing pin from over yonder, a buffer from whatstherenames, forget about any prefab hunting round limiters for the 10's, and... I haven't even looked yet for typical spare parts I would want to have on hand (ejector, rings, etc.).

Between AR and AK 7.62's are the bolts common?

A possibility of having to go with a heavier hammer spring... and hope not... because that would push me into considering a dedicated lower. I don't want anything heavier than I've got for my 5.56's....

All part of the "fun factor" I guess!

(I get in trouble for all these boxes coming in and I'm blaming @arakboss)🤣

This thing sure opened a can of worms. I didn't realize the effort required just trying to get it all pieced together into a baseline package. A couple 10rd mags from here, 4-30s from there, a decent firing pin from over yonder, a buffer from whatstherenames, forget about any prefab hunting round limiters for the 10's, and... I haven't even looked yet for typical spare parts I would want to have on hand (ejector, rings, etc.).

A possibility of having to go with a heavier hammer spring... and hope not... because that would push me into considering a dedicated lower. I don't want anything heavier than I've got for my 5.56's....

Please send me a pm when you get shipped notice.

NOW it's $176.74 with the 8dad discount... and you're willing to take a chance and wait the 4-6 weeks availability.

30 bones if I had waited and more of a gambler.🤣

4HRs.. 8dad discount expires. (But likely at least 5% off with a standard code)

Edit: "work8" will get you 5% after the fathers day code expires for $183.

Last Edited:

Mil spec lower is more than enough trigger. The bolt carrier is the same as 5.56 firing pin as well. Bolt itself is different and could be hard to find at times. I got most my extra stuff from black rifle company.

Mil spec lower is more than enough trigger. The bolt carrier is the same as 5.56 firing pin as well. Bolt itself is different and could be hard to find at times. I got most my extra stuff from black rifle company.
All my lowers have drop ins so that was a concern if I want to shoot steel. Very light trigger pulls and hammer springs. If I have to go to a mil-spec trigger group then I'll do a dedicated vs swapping out one of my drop ins. Maybe the enhanced pin will be enough. We'll see.

That's what I was thinking. The bolt itself, not the carrier. I don't imagine the ejector and such would be the same as a 5.56 bolt but was curious if it IS the same as an AK bolt or not. My AK and SKS's all got "borrowed" by the boys and have yet to find their ways back home to compare.

Good to know. I ordered the BRC enhanced pin, but not directly from them. It was less expensive elsewhere. I'll take a look at their offerings. Thanks!

Follow up. I sent a screenshot of the shopping cart with the updated pricing and requested a partial refund for the $29.44 price difference. Seeing how it's barely been a day since I ordered we'll see what they say. Worst case... "NO", right? ;)

All my lowers have drop ins so that was a concern if I want to shoot steel. Very light trigger pulls and hammer springs. If I have to go to a mil-spec trigger group then I'll do a dedicated vs swapping out one of my drop ins. Maybe the enhanced pin will be enough. We'll see.

That's what I was thinking. The bolt itself, not the carrier. I don't imagine the ejector and such would be the same as a 5.56 bolt but was curious if it IS the same as an AK bolt or not. My AK and SKS's all got "borrowed" by the boys and have yet to find their ways back home to compare.

Good to know. I ordered the BRC enhanced pin, but not directly from them. It was less expensive elsewhere. I'll take a look at their offerings. Thanks!
I run rise armament ra-535s no issues. I don't know anything about AKs so I don't know. It's a ar design bolt so I would imagine the extrator is different. The o-rings and cam are the same as 5.56.

I run rise armament ra-535s no issues. I don't know anything about AKs so I don't know. It's a ar design bolt so I would imagine the extrator is different. The o-rings and cam are the same as 5.56.
That's very helpful! Most all of mine are RA's and rings and a cam where on "field parts" want list for the 7.62. It would make sense that the bolt stem and body would be specific to the AR carrier. Kinda what I figured, but the extractor being my main concern I'll have to wait and see when it arrives.

It will be interesting to see what kind of quality the carrier is in that thing. Fortunately I have a couple spares I might choose to swap out with the one coming pre-installed. I'll be measuring it out and see. No info at all on the BCG composition and don't see an individual listing just for a trybe 7.62 BCG to try and see if that has any additional info on it, either.

For the price point I'm sure it won't win any prizes.:D

That's very helpful! Most all of mine are RA's and rings and a cam where on "field parts" want list for the 7.62. It would make sense that the bolt stem and body would be specific to the AR carrier. Kinda what I figured, but the extractor being my main concern I'll have to wait and see when it arrives.
I sure it should be alright enough to fire lol. The handguard might be cheap but the barrel should be halfway decent as there are only a few a actual barrel manufacturer out there. You will probably be what $600 max for a total build? My BCA upper I was surprised how well its held up with steel case ammo and maintains pretty good accuracy lo.

I sure it should be alright enough to fire lol. The handguard might be cheap but the barrel should be halfway decent as there are only a few a actual barrel manufacturer out there. You will probably be what $600 max for a total build? My BCA upper I was surprised how well its held up with steel case ammo and maintains pretty good accuracy lo.
Yup. Quite sure it'll make smoke "as is".:)

I'll work it over as it sits for now to see how much I fall in love with it or not. That handguard IS pretty fugly, ain't it. LOL From what I've read there are some pretty sharp edges that will need some file work, finish retouching, and we'll see about the ramps. If it's a keeper I'll dress it up a bit more later.

The plan for now is just slapping it on an existing lower for occassional gits and shiggles use, but if I need to, or decided to do a dedicated lower for it that's probably another $100-120. I have quite a collection of spare parts so basically just a lower, tube/spring/buffer, stock/grip.

So I don't feel guilty, or get myself in hot water, I trick myself and choose to believe that anything I already own and doesn't currently have a purpose is basically FREE. It really keeps the new build costs down.👍

Anyone that asks... full new dedicated 7.62 AR build (upper, lower, optics, irons, upgraded carrier, new handguard, adjustable gas block, etc.)... I'm into it for $300-320. Oh.. and $18 for a mag (the others don't count if you aren't using them at the moment, right?). Less if I get that $29.44 back from OP.:s0140::s0140:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Besides... it's the AMMO that'll suck your wallet dry, not the firearm.

Yup. Quite sure it'll make smoke "as is".:)

I'll work it over as it sits for now to see how much I fall in love with it or not. That handguard IS pretty fugly, ain't it. LOL From what I've read there are some pretty sharp edges that will need some file work, finish retouching, and we'll see about the ramps. If it's a keeper I'll dress it up a bit more later.

The plan for now is just slapping it on an existing lower for occassional gits and shiggles use, but if I need to, or decided to do a dedicated lower for it that's probably another $100-120. I have quite a collection of spare parts so basically just a lower, tube/spring/buffer, stock/grip.

Yep I know that feeling I sold a few ARs and got into 80s I had a few parts laying around so build another and another lmao. Before I knew it I built a beowulf lol. 7.62x39 was just supposed to be a run it till it dies and it keeps going and fun to shoot.

That's optics planet for you though...when it's on sale it's "in stock" then will take weeks to ship out afterwords.
Ive had 3 order from them in the last week and all shipped with in 24hours. They have gotten better as long as you pay attention to actually inventory and ship times

That's optics planet for you though...when it's on sale it's "in stock" then will take weeks to ship out afterwords.
That's often been my experience, too. Not always, but it's pretty common... or 3-5days until ship is "normal".

That's why I was suprised this one went through and already out the door to me so fast. All time record! ;)

They have gotten better as long as you pay attention to actually inventory and ship times
That's nice to see. It's been.. maybe a year? 2 years?.. since I last ordered from them. More often than not, even when their price is a bit better for something I've usually decided saving a couple bucks isn't worth waiting an indefinate period of time before I might see it, anyway. Twice I've had them put me on hold for extended periods and eventually cancel my order from their side.

If it wasn't a big ticket item at a significant savings it just wasn't worth it.

They done GOOD this time. I'll likely give them a little more business now.👍

That's nice to see. It's been.. maybe a year? 2 years?.. since I last ordered from them. More often than not, even when their price is a bit better for something I've usually decided saving a couple bucks isn't worth waiting an indefinate period of time before I might see it, anyway. Twice I've had them put me on hold for extended periods and eventually cancel my order from their side.

If it wasn't a big ticket item at a significant savings it just wasn't worth it.

They done GOOD this time. I'll likely give them a little more business now.👍
I bought 2 new scopes, couple candeliver mounts, and a few AR parts. All different orders and all have been shipped.

Ive had 3 order from them in the last week and all shipped with in 24hours. They have gotten better as long as you pay attention to actually inventory and ship times
I'm glad it's getting betters I've ordered in the past when it said in stock and cancelled weeks later after no shipping

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top