JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
  1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Opticsplanet has a reputation for advertising products in stock that are not actually in stock and take forever to arrive. I placed an order for one of these uppers this morning using code 8DAD and total shipped price was $206 and change. I used a credit card so if it doesn't arrive in a reasonable amount of time. I will cancel order and file a dispute.

Some video reviews of TRYBE Uppers here.

Seriously!!?? Well..... crap.

Guess I better start browsing Amazon for a necklace to go with those errings I got a couple weeks ago... or.... a mini beer fridge to make the doghouse a little more comfortable. (I've been spending a lot of time there lately) :s0140:

Now I need to figure out where to pick up some affordable full capacity pro mag or duramag's for the darn thing. Looks like slim pickings or have to go ASC's.:(

Suggestions?

Last Edited:
Seriously!!?? Well..... crap.

Guess I better start browsing Amazon for a necklace to go with those errings I got a couple weeks ago... or.... a mini beer fridge to make the doghouse a little more comfortable. (I've been spending a lot of time there lately) :s0140:
Don't blame it on me. I encourage restraint when opening wallet:) Seriously though, complete rifle length uppers don't get much cheaper than this except for an occasional deal at Bear Creek Arsenal. Sometime recently Bear Creek decided to disable discount codes on sale items so their super cheap deals are harder to come by now.

I won't hold my breath waiting on this TRYBE upper to show up on my doorstep. I will be ready to do a charge back if they don't come through in a reasonable time frame.

Now I need to figure out where to pick up some affordable full capacity pro mag or duramag's for the darn thing. Suggestions?
I will look around and let you know. I am going to be using this solely at the bench so I will stick with 10rnd mags which will reduce chances of having feeding issues.

I found some C-products 30rnd'ers for a fairly decent price. Flat $12 shipping. It says "in stock", but we all know that's not always a guarantee. I ordered a few and see how it goes. I wish they would have had a couple 10rnd too, but as slim as the market appears at the moment, I won't complain.

I guess I should have gotten myself better informed about finding mags before jumping on that upper. 206 bones though.. I mean... why wouldn't you.. just to get a little taste of 7.62 in an AR platform? ;)

I did pick up a Black Rifile Arms enhanced firing pin as well (from RTB). At least I knew that much... but I'm quite an AR 7.62 noob.

I found some C-products 30rnd'ers for a fairly decent price. Flat $12 shipping. It says "in stock", but we all know that's not always a guarantee. I ordered a few and see how it goes. I wish they would have had a couple 10rnd too, but as slim as the market appears at the moment, I won't complain.

I guess I should have gotten myself better informed about finding mags before jumping on that upper. 206 bones though.. I mean... why wouldn't you.. just to get a little taste of 7.62 in an AR platform? ;)

I did pick up a Black Rifile Arms enhanced firing pin as well (from RTB). At least I knew that much... but I'm quite an AR 7.62 noob.
I heard the C-products 30rnd mags were more problematic than their 28rnd versions, not sure why that would be the case. Let us know how they run. I have a spare enhanced firing pin floating around my parts piles somewhere, but I am going to be running reloads through this upper so the enhanced pin probably won't be necessary.

Damn thats a good deal wish I didn't use all my gun money yesterday lol. I have two 7.62 ARs and have a ton of mags. All work well buy what you can find but watch this video and it will explain how to modify mags to work well. You covered the firing pin just need to double check your feed ramp next and make sure is polished and a lot wider than a 5.56 ramp. Doing firing pin, feed ramp, and mag lips you will take out 99% of the problem. Adjustable gas block will help the last 1%

I heard the C-products 30rnd mags were more problematic than their 28rnd versions, not sure why that would be the case. Let us know how they run. I have a spare enhanced firing pin floating around my par500ts piles somewhere, but I am going to be running reloads through this upper so the enhanced pin probably won't be necessary.
From what I was reading/seeing... c-products are, overall, the most reliable of the bunch, and over different ammo types. The 20rnd were supposedly the best of the best, the 28's were real good if you limited loadouts to 25 or 27rnds, and the 30's didn't seem too clear on distinctly better or worse than the 28's.. but also nothing on limiting the loadout and it has a MONSTER of a spring. That could go real good or real bad....

Cost-wise there wasn't much difference between 20's-30's, but the main deciding factor in the immediate was... I can't find me no 20's or 28's. One place had some rippin spendy 10's and those resasonably priced 30's where the only thing I could really find.

Long term I'll keep looking, but I know me purdy good. Imma go into fits 24/7 if I have the upper and nuthin to pump seeds with.;)

I only did 4 as a baseline and see how it goes from there over time.

*Caveat: I ARe a 7.62 noob in an AR-15 platform and the few hours of research can not at all be considered comprehensive or considered to equally represent anything but a limited view of the few search results I happened upon. Coulda been the only 4 or 5 "pro" sources among the 500 that determined they're junk.o_O

All work well buy what you can find but watch this video and it will explain how to modify mags to work well. You covered the firing pin just need to double check your feed ramp next and make sure is polished and a lot wider than a 5.56 ramp. Doing firing pin, feed ramp, and mag lips you will take out 99% of the problem. Adjustable gas block will help the last 1%
Incredibly helpful! Thank you!

D&H mags are the best but worst to find in stock. I can confirm the lip opening is a lot bigger and once I modified the rest of my mags you can't tell the difference really.
That's kind of what I gathered and was looking for at first. N-A-D-A!! ASC was the most plentiful and midway had some blemished 30's for a decent price, but... nah... I don't really want to go there if I don't absolutely have to. Especially since there was no distinguishable price difference between ASC and C's at the moment.

I shoulda watched that vid a few hours ago. The FIRST place I went was magpul to see what they had. Is my noob showing?? :D

I've never even heard of Trybe before so step one will be to tear it all apart and go component by component.

That's kind of what I gathered and was looking for at first. N-A-D-A!! ASC was the most plentiful and midway had some blemished 30's for a decent price, but... nah... I don't really want to go there if I don't absolutely have to. Especially since there was no distinguishable price difference between ASC and C's at the moment.

I've never even heard of Trybe before so step one will be to tear it all apart and go component by component.
Trybe us a optical planet brand. I have a BCA 7.62 16in it will shoot 1in at 100yards with tula lol. You will most likely be shooting steel case ammo so as long as it goes bang? $200 you can't even buy a reciver and hand guard that cheap.

Trybe us a optical planet brand. I have a BCA 7.62 16in it will shoot 1in at 100yards with tula lol. You will most likely be shooting steel case ammo so as long as it goes bang? $200 you can't even buy a reciver and hand guard that cheap.
Probably Norma brass for break-in. Maybe some steel later. For $200... how can you not take it for a spin... however, for $200 I can't imagine that chamber is going to wear too well so I'll try and be gentle out of the gate until I have a bit more confidence in it.

Very true though. Even with the cheapest retail components you can't even put half an upper together for that little coin. It'll share a lower with the 22lr build I just finished.

.....I also want to try their pin on brass to see what kind of strikes/reliability I get before swapping in the enhanced pin for brass/steel.

If it's no good at all I might just put it on the grinder and turn it into a reuseable toothpick.🤣

Probably Norma brass for break-in. Maybe some steel later. For $200... how can you not take it for a spin... however, for $200 I can't imagine that chamber is going to wear too well so I'll try and be gentle out of the gate until I have a bit more confidence in it.

Very true though. Even with the cheapest retail components you can't even put half an upper together for that little coin. It'll share a lower with the 22lr build I just finished.
The barrel is made from 4140 but it's nitrided so I would hope it holds up well to wear and tear.

The barrel is made from 4140 but it's nitrided so I would hope it holds up well to wear and tear.
True, but there are varying degrees of quality control in the steel as well as the machining and tempering process. Not to mention the tempering method used. Nitriding quality can also vary greatly. It's always nice to get, "that's amazing for the price", but often enough you have to settle for, "well... you got what you paid for". ;)

Last Edited:
Does no one click the "check availability"???

Everyone dogs on opticsplanet but they never click that. If it says in stock, its shipping within 5 days.

That upper though says ESTIMATED to ship in 4-6 weeks.

That upper though says ESTIMATED to ship in 4-6 weeks.
It does now. Earlier was still "In-stock" and my order was upated to "preparing for shipment".

Good point though. It's always good to check availability and interpret "OP-lish". Estimated to ship in up to 2 weeks = Order in and expected from the mfg. Could be 4-6weeks. "4-6 weeks" = Will be placing an order with the mfg soon. Backordered = 50/50 if you'll see it anytime in the next 2-3 months... if ever.;)

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top