JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
City
Mont Vernon
State
Other
looking for a quality 16" complete AR 15 upper, preferably one with a low or modest round count

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Only two parts in an upper really matter, the barrel and the bolt. BCA bolts and barrels have never given me any issues. The remainder of the parts are sourced by everyone in the industry from where ever they are available. I actually doubt many " make " their own barrels, possibly just turning blanks bought elsewhere. Likely the same is true for bolts, buy forgings and machine them to your specifications.
So what is a body to do? I suppose you have to go with what and who you trust. Maybe you trust the company who has the most compelling marketing campaign. One who has prices set high enough to cover the costs of marketing.
Who do you get your "expert opinions"from when most are bought and paid for with advertising dollars?
Maybe you use you experience to get past the b.s.

1E0ECBC4-3B24-41D6-9D93-24FF4893D3AE.jpeg 8E233724-19A8-40E3-A36C-A74A3B025308.jpeg

Only two parts in an upper really matter, the barrel and the bolt.
not true.. every part really matters, down to the roll pins.
Barrel and BCG might matter the most, but the rest of the parts have to hold them in place, and guide them together smoothly and reliably.
I've come across some garbage parts that were detrimental to the operation of an upper reciever.
The receiver itself... Bad threads or loose fitting around the barrel extension...Pin lugs either out of spec or holes drilled slightly off so The pins won't go through when mated to the lower...and/or the BCG doesnt cycle properly due to misalignment with the receiver extension...
forward assists not pinned together or not press fit correctly so the button blows off in your face...(ask @Saffir)..
I've had bent or just badly made charge handles play havoc on The BCG cycle...keeping bolt lugs from fully engaging...
Gas tubes that are slightly off can ruin gas keys, or prevent smooth cycles...
Bad(or aluminum) gas blocks come loose or don't fit the barrel right... seen this a lot. Even the port door not latching in place will cause sanity issues.

The price difference between BCA and BCM is completely justified IMHO.

Wow, sounds like some serious bad luck. I suppose I have had a blessed life, and an ability to spot crap when I find it. Believe me I have found some out there in the ar world.

Who do you get your "expert opinions"from when most are bought and paid for with advertising dollars?
Maybe you use you experience to get past the b.s.

I have arrived at my "expert opinions", as you put it, through countless hours and dollars spent educating myself by attending armorers courses, regular firearms training, taking notes and conversing with industrial professionals that I trust and not because of any advertisement but of their real world experience and accomplishments.

I'm not on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and have not bought let alone read a gun rag in over 2 decades (talk about BS), so I'm not sure how I'd be exposed to let alone be influenced by all those advertising dollars if the first place and that would be assuming those that get my money actually advertise. It is my understanding they do not and do very little and rely more on word of mouth and LE contracts and are typically not found in big box stores or even most gun shops.

I do use my experience to get past the BS, which is why I'm very comfortable stepping right over Anderson, Bear Creek Arsenal and a whole slew of other fly by night, substandard "manufacturers" attempting to cash in on the popularity of the AR industry with very little knowledge or even giving a crap about what they produce.

But hey, I'm glad you're pleased with your BCA and it serves you well, although I doubt you take multiple carbine classes a year at 1000+ rounds per class or go 4-5K or more rounds between cleanings, because if you did you'd see what I see and that is a whole lot of choking with lower tier weapons.

The OP states he/she is "looking for a quality 16" complete AR 15 upper" and there's my 2 cents, do as you will with it.

I apologize to the OP we have thoroughly thread crapped here. An examination of makers should be held elsewhere. This is not the place for this conversation.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.