JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have competed in smaller competitions 160 people 9mm shooting and placed in top 5 two years in a row. 3-4 years ago. I would like to start more competitions in the future. Where's a good place for information on joining somewhere in Portland?

What kind of competition were you participating in?
160 people is a BIG match in USPSA or IDPA.
I've seen that many at a GSSF match.

I don't believe it was part of an association like that. It's a LE competition for 16-21 year olds.
I would like to get involved in local competitions going to start looking into some.

I don't believe it was part of an association like that. It's a LE competition for 16-21 year olds.
I would like to get involved in local competitions going to start looking into some.

There are USPSA matches pretty much every weekend in the northern Willamette valley.
Speed Steel---a couple of matches a month
IDPA--at least one per month that I'm aware of
GSSF---a couple of local matches per year
SASS--at least a couple of matches per month that I know of
Bullseye, IMHSA, PPC, etc. etc.--I'm sure they exist locally at some level

Sooooo------what kind of competition are you looking for?

Ok nice ill check all those out. I sent an email to the for ridge gun club for the first Saturday of each month competition. Do you have to be registered with uspsa to compete?

No--you do not have to be a USPSA member to compete in the local club matches. The Douglas Ridge match is a "beginners
match"--pretty low key, and it can count as your mandatory safety training. Tell them you are new, listen and pay attention,
shoot safe and have fun!

USPSA has six divisions, based on equipment. What are you going to shoot?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top