JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I made a quick video that compares the upper rails on two rifles;

First you see my "old" AR15, purchased as separate upper and lowers from PSA, the upper is a 16" Premium CHF model from several years ago. I've swapped at least 15-20 different optics on and off this rail and the workmanship speaks for itself.

The edges of the rail are crisp and clean.

Then you'll see my newly purchased PSA 10.5" CHF Geissele 9.5" MK14 mlok upper. The rail on the Geissele hand guard is as expected, but the PSA upper that it came on, the metal looks very rough?

I sent that video to PSA to get their opinion and they were not happy with the QC and have sent me a pre-paid label to return the upper for a replacement that I expect will be meticulously QC'd.

Probably would have functioned fine, but for that premium price tag, I'm happy they're swapping it.

Technically it's a pistol, but I figured the receiver is the point of the video and this was the right place to post

Interesting. I just bought one of their entry level 10.5" uppers from a forum member who recently bought it but then changed his mind. My first PSA upper and I'm really impressed with the fit and finish. Looks WAY better cosmetically than yours.

1596906783289.png
1596906871573.png

Is this a PSA built upper using Geissele parts or is it made entirely by Geissele and sold through PSA? I do know that Geissele builds and sells complete AR rifles and pistols.

I've been extremely happy with PSA. I've owned 4 of their rifles, and this will be the 5th.

It's a PSA upper, PSA built, with the Geissele MK14 handguard and pinned super gas block. Barrel is FN made and stamped CHF, chrome plated

I'm bummed I have to wait longer, but as long as they make it right, won't change my outlook on buying from them in the future

Even the best manuf will have issues that sneak by, especialy when production ramps up to supply demand as of latley. Ive been very happy with both reliabilty and quality of my psa guns and ive heard good things about the warranty and turn around times on those.

I've been extremely happy with PSA. I've owned 4 of their rifles, and this will be the 5th.

It's a PSA upper, PSA built, with the Geissele MK14 handguard and pinned super gas block. Barrel is FN made and stamped CHF, chrome plated

I'm bummed I have to wait longer, but as long as they make it right, won't change my outlook on buying from them in the future
How do you tell the barrel is FN made? My first AR was used, a PSA upper on a R-Guns lower with the PSA enhanced trigger group. My PSA barrel says - "5.56 NATO 1/7 MP CHF CL PSA".

Can't say I'm surprised. Once a company has a solid foothold and name recognition, overall quality seems to become an afterthought, sadly. Oftentimes a company's "older" products get regarded as better. Glad they're trying to make it right, though

That's an FN barrel then my friend.

The older ones (like my 16") aren't stamped FN, but if you contact PSA, they'll confirm they've only sold CHF barrels produced by FN in this line.

At some point FN started giving PSA stamped barrels. Which of course is nice to see.

Can't say I'm surprised. Once a company has a solid foothold and name recognition, overall quality seems to become an afterthought, sadly. Oftentimes a company's "older" products get regarded as better. Glad they're trying to make it right, though
Yep! Like SIG, their bluing or Nitron finish is not what is once was. :(

That's an FN barrel then my friend.

The older ones (like my 16") aren't stamped FN, but if you contact PSA, they'll confirm they've only sold CHF barrels produced by FN in this line.

At some point FN started giving PSA stamped barrels. Which of course is nice to see.
Awesome!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads