JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The 'death penalty' is appropriate in some cases: Murder, rape, ponzi schemers (think bernie madoff who ruined thousands of lives) et al...and if my opinion offends your fragile sensibilities stop reading my posts.

Why stop at fingers? The Saudis remove the whole hand on the first offense. Makes for a really low recidivism rate... :)
I know and I know my idea will of course not happen but, hey I can dream. LONG ago when I was young heard a guy from Saudi speak at a church. Someone asked about their horrendous punishment of criminals. He chuckled and said you Americans. He said we have not cut a hand off in many years. That last guy was some foreigner who did not know our laws. In other words it does not happen because they know the price to be paid.
Reminds me of a favorite cartoon. Wizard of Id. King asking prisoner any last words? Prisoner tells him capital punishment does not lower crime. King is walking away saying "really, tell me that the next time I see you. :s0140:

I did not say that, that was a comment addressing your "Certain recidivists may just require the taste of much correction." As in we have extremes covered no reason to lope hands off.
TBH, I thought the discussion was limited to the penalties for theft.

Picture a two time offender, what else can they steal besides a doughnut? ;)
Now I get it. The visual is quite amusing... :s0140:

Last Edited:
No one is suggesting that every crime is punishable by the same sentence to the same degree. Certain recidivists may just require the taste of much correction.
YES! I am one of the few gun owners who think most criminals should be able to have rights given back to them. Hell I did some stuff in my younger days that it was just dumb luck I did not end up in real trouble. Many do. If they really change they should not carry that stain for 60 or more years. Now when I read of some scum who rapes or murders and such, then find they have been doing stuff for decades? At some point they need to just be removed from society.
Car thieves? throw up some tents in the east of the state. Let them live just like the Military lives, and eat the same way they eat. Maybe start with a year. Do it again? Try a few years. Some would find a new way to live. The ones that do not? They would be put were they cant' keep making new victims. We all pay a huge price for this. A lot of the cost of insurance is the criminals.

LONG ago when I was young heard a guy from Saudi speak at a church. Someone asked about their horrendous punishment of criminals. He chuckled and said you Americans. He said we have not cut a hand off in many years. That last guy was some foreigner who did not know our laws. In other words it does not happen because they know the price to be paid.
True, there was a lot of public square justice on Fridays in Saudi Arabia 50 or so years ago. My dad witnessed it first-hand. Somewhere along the line, it tapered off considerably. During my one-year tenure there 5 years ago, public square justice was almost unheard of. I got the same chuckling response when I inquired about it. But one could still read accounts where in certain cities, for certain egregious crimes, it still occurred with some regularity. During my time there, I recall reading about two, maybe three, public executions by stoning. They were both women. You can guess the "crime" of which they were accused...

True, there was a lot of public square justice on Fridays in Saudi Arabia 50 or so years ago. My dad witnessed it first-hand. Somewhere along the line, it tapered off considerably. During my one-year tenure there 5 years ago, public square justice was almost unheard of. I got the same chuckling response when I inquired about it. But one could still read accounts where in certain cities, for certain egregious crimes, it still occurred with some regularity. During my time there, I recall reading about two, maybe three, public executions by stoning. They were both women. You can guess the "crime" of which they were accused...
Yep I am certainly no fan of the militant Muslim form of punishment for most. It just burns my butt that the voters have gone along with this making excuses for criminals in this country and what it has done to us. When I was a kid they had jails for juveniles. I only ever knew a couple people who had ever been in one. They did not brag about it and act like it was a joke, like kids do now. They do not have to get all draconian again, just make crime painful for the criminals instead of a joke. Much of the crime would stop. You can't get rid of all of it of course but, it does not help to just pretend like it's not happening and let the criminals go free.

throw up some tents in the east of the state. Let them live just like the Military lives, and eat the same way they eat. Maybe start with a year. Do it again? Try a few years. Some would find a new way to live. The ones that do not? They would be put were they cant' keep making new victims. We all pay a huge price for this. A lot of the cost of insurance is the criminals.

Tents full of criminals? Isn't that a Western Washington thing? As in homeless camps? Yeah, keep that crap over there.

Inside job.

Gotta know where to look for the GPS receivers and how to turn off/disable.
If you were looking for fleet vehicles you'd know what you are doing, this isn't tweakers doing this.

Not to mention, who steals now days without being intelligent and knowing ignition systems and how to bypass.

UPDATE. The white Ford E-350 van was recovered. Mostly intact. It was found on a dead-end road in Lake Stevens, WA. Of course all the tools were gone. But the inside of the truck was completely empty and it had been cleaned. Even the upholstery was freshly cleaned, presumably to eliminate fingerprints. Which I don't think the police bother with on stolen vehicles anyway unless it involves a murder. The truck radio had been removed but was on the floor in the front area. The only other thing in the vehicle was son-in-law's Masonic Codex book. The company logo was removed from the outside of the body. License plates were missing. The vehicle had accrued approximately 1,000 miles in the time it was gone. The sheriff called, said "You can come pick this up now yourself. If you don't come right now, we'll have it towed and your company will have to bail it out." He went right up there and drove it home. However they got the vehicle to start, he was able to take his key with him and use it to start the vehicle.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top