Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Compact VS Sub-Compact Glock

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by badger54, Sep 22, 2008.

1. badger54

badger54 Spanaway WA Member

Whats every bodies opinion of the Compact vs the sub compact. I am trying to decide which to get. Is there any thing that really makes one better then the other. Thanks

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

To me, the G19, which is the compact, is the perfect carry piece. It's small enough to conceal well but it's large enough that most people can get a proper grip on it and the longer barrel and/or site radius (not sure which) makes it easier for me to shoot accurately. What caliber are you thinking of getting?

3. badger54

badger54 Spanaway WA Member

.40 caliber

4. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Yeah I think they're about the same size physically.

5. frizzz

frizzz Clackamas Member

Smaller the better for carry IMO.

6. skud_dusty

skud_dusty Salem, OR Active Member

If you use any mag extensions you might as well be carrying the larger compact. There is a noticeable difference without a mag extension. I'd rather carry the compact myself.

7. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

G27 Subcompact .40 Amazing carry gun and awesome to shoot

8. Zhivago

Zhivago Everett, WA Member

Am I the only one who hates anything smaller than full size? Even for carry?

9. ch139

ch139 teh gehtoe Active Member

Think the sub-compact is a waste of time for the most part.

The 19/23 is just a tad bigger; if you can conceal the 26/27, you can most likely conceal the 19/23.

You'll hardly ever shoot the sub-compact guns; most people don't seem to. I never did.

You can carry the compact guns and also have a great time shooting them. Makes the G19 the best thing out there.

10. lazyeye

lazyeye Corvallis, OR Member

I carried a G26 for a year, then got a Kahr pm9. The shorter grip on the G26 vs 19 doesn't change the fact that its a double stack, and fat.

11. JumpWing

JumpWing NK WA Member

I carry a G30 (.45) which is technically a "sub-compact" although its dimensions are almost identical to the G19.

12. snkkpr01

snkkpr01 Eugene Member

I carry a 19. I have pretty small hands for being a 6 ft tall fat bubblegum. ( med glove ) I just could not get the smaller gun in a comfortable grip. Even with the extension it just felt funny. I also didn't like shooting it.

I carry all the time, in the house, out of the house. The only time I am not is when i am actually at work. Other than that the gun is part of my normal clothing.

I am using a desantis cozy partner now, it is second hand. I had used a safariland IWB for a couple of months. The partner is much more comfy. It has a lsight cant so that the muzzle points back just a touch and you can sit stand run and it stays put.
    I say got to the range and shoot both of them.

BIGFOOT

13. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

Yes.

Not for me, I've got big hands. Not fat, but tall guy European hands. Hence my preference in fullsize pistols.

Still though, subcompact isn't my thing, not only because I cannot get a proper grip on it and my finger can't hold even the magwell extension, but it feels flimsy and backheavy. I prefer compact in this situation, as it feels like a pistol and not a heavy, yet too small L shaped piece of metal.

For concealed I'd prefer nothing less than a 4" barrel, Wilson or Kimber 1911. I prefer the 5", most definitely the 5". But I would absolutely not hesitate to purchase the 4" in the heatbeat.
    Otherwise I'm sticking with my fullsize H&K.

Did my feedback help?

14. ch139

ch139 teh gehtoe Active Member

That's great. Who ever gave you the idea of the G19 must have been a genius. :winkkiss:

Me, I carry a G23 all day everyday...

15. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

I'm considering a S&W 1026 or 1076 FBI in 10MM Auto for carry.

I'd like to refinish it flat black with some type of metallic hazardous environment coating, like on the H&Ks if I end up purchasing one.