Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Compact Power House Springfield XD-S Range Review

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by mr.revolverguy, Feb 9, 2013.

1. mr.revolverguy

mr.revolverguy Ohio Active Member

2. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

Nice review. I'm very happy with my XD-S and will be adding the Crimson Trace Laserguard to it soon.

Peter

3. mattdomes

mattdomes Newberg Active Member

Thanks for the review! Looking forward to you XD-S 9mm review :)

4. 19 Adam

19 Adam rural Clackamas County, Oregon Active Member

Just returned from the range today after putting my new XDs through its paces. I agree with the review, especially the following: "Don’t follow in my footsteps in having a preconceived thought about the XD-S without first giving it a try.

I was hitting tight groups on full sized silhouette targets right out of the box.

My experience with the Glock 21 and 36, and the Sig P220, have allowed me the opportunity to fine tune my grip on various 45 ACP pistols. Since I do not have large hands the grip of the XDs was no problem for me. My little finger offered no support with the 5 round magazine and I would like to try the 7 rounder soon. Even without the mag extension I was very pleased with my shot placement and tight group on both center mass and head shots.

Two different JHP rounds were used and no issues at all with the performance. Give this little guy at try if you get a chance.

ATCclears and (deleted member) like this.