JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here are some pictures for you. Sig P320 9mm with Sig Sauer upgraded trigger.

E59DC9DA-E655-4814-8315-7BC34DD21F2F.jpeg F3ADD375-6324-4F50-B47D-4D063598FE55.jpeg 7346DB1D-69D3-409E-A3C5-FAAA674038D4.jpeg B8338872-2DFC-4FB2-A2D5-67E58A421DC2.jpeg

BTDT buying a gun for my wife with little input. She wound up hating every one. If its really for her, not you, she needs to pick it out. She needs to handle it, make sure she can operate the slide, reach the controls, etc. Lot of shops have female employees now, if that helps her. Safe Fire range up your way is owned by a lady, I'd see if they have rentals and get her in to check some guns out. If shes too intimidated to help buy her own gun, she may have other mental blocks stopping her from carrying it or practicing it.

I once bought my wife a lityle .380 single stack because she has small hands. She hated it. Then I got her an XD Sub compact, because she liked a Glock 26 and I got a good deal on the XD. That one too was not a winner.

Finally my wife started picking her own guns. She now owns a 9mm Shield. Your lady may just take some time to get over her intimidation, and some gentle nudges this way or that may help.

BTDT buying a gun for my wife with little input. She wound up hating every one. If its really for her, not you, she needs to pick it out. She needs to handle it, make sure she can operate the slide, reach the controls, etc. Lot of shops have female employees now, if that helps her. Safe Fire range up your way is owned by a lady, I'd see if they have rentals and get her in to check some guns out. If shes too intimidated to help buy her own gun, she may have other mental blocks stopping her from carrying it .or practicing it.

I once bought my wife a lityle .380 single stack because she has small hands. She hated it. Then I got her an XD Sub compact, because she liked a Glock 26 and I got a good deal on the XD. That one too was not a winner.

Finally my wife started picking her own guns. She now owns a 9mm Shield. Your lady may just take some time to get over her intimidation, and some gentle nudges this way or that may help.

This exactly. Too bad the OC Fred Meyers went out of the gun biz, because they had two female attendants that were very exceptional and made my wife feel at ease when we went shopping for her. SHe ultimately went with the Shield because it fit her hand well and is easy to charge (she insists on long nails).

Exposure to gun shops will help with her feeling intimidated. Your role is to make sure she doesn't get pressured and make sure nobody BS's her and to let her take her time and think about it, even if she needs several trips.

I have tried to get my wife to look at firearms with me. I wish I could just pay to rent a shop out for an hour and just have her look by herself. I think that if she got in there with minimal people she could focus more on her and the comfortableness of each firearm then felling nervous and overwhelmed and saying "yeah, that one works. I tried to explain to her its the same concept of any other things you wear or carry with you. If you aren't comfortable then you won't carry, wear, use it anyways. I am glad that more women are coming into the workplace. Firearms can be intimidating but most gun owners love to help one another out. We are all here for one reason or another. Protection, fun, completion or maybe all of the above. We all started somewhere. Thanks for all of your insight.

I have tried to get my wife to look at firearms with me. I wish I could just pay to rent a shop out for an hour and just have her look by herself. I think that if she got in there with minimal people she could focus more on her and the comfortableness of each firearm then felling nervous and overwhelmed and saying "yeah, that one works. I tried to explain to her its the same concept of any other things you wear or carry with you. If you aren't comfortable then you won't carry, wear, use it anyways. I am glad that more women are coming into the workplace. Firearms can be intimidating but most gun owners love to help one another out. We are all here for one reason or another. Protection, fun, completion or maybe all of the above. We all started somewhere. Thanks for all of your insight.
I ended up getting my wife a Ruger .22 with different grip sizes and she finally liked that. I saw a lady buy a gun because it fit her new purse. Sometimes it's just figuring out what approach to take and not applying pressure. Then if one jumps out as the one they like after thinking on it a couple days, then that's probably the one to get.

I posted a reply on the WTB section you posted on. Hit me up and I think you will like what I have to offer you in your price range. Personal message me or reply to this post and I will PM you and let you know what's up.

You have a great resource in the Safe Fire indoor range in West Camas.
They have a well stocked rental fleet.
Take the wife there and try some pistols....see what she likes.
Now you can focus your efforts on a specific design.

Gun store gun fondling will never reveal how well you will shoot it.

It's not what you listed but I have a Beretta Px4 Storm Compact 9mm for sale. I'm a woman and I love this gun, low recoil and very accurate. It's pictured with a Hogue grip sleeve but that can come off. Also has adjustable back straps to fit smaller or larger hands.

3ECDCD18-CB70-482F-BD68-99A46153E955.jpeg

What you should do (without question) is to take her to Safe Fire, the state of the art, indoor range in West Camas.
There you can rent and shoot from their large rental fleet.
Any other way is just guesswork.
Index
You have to bring one of your guns in order to rent.
(anti-suicide precaution)

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.