JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Odd request but I'm curious if there are more options for a very small compact 2 rifle safe?
The Vaultek RS200i would be perfect but the price is too steep for what I am thinking of.
I found a brand on Amazon called Barska but know nothing about them and skeptical of a safe sold on Amazon but the price seemed reasonable for its capacity. Are Barskas any good?

Any other options out there?

The one star reviews are scary

How secure are you looking? Have you looked at the modular safe?
Something a step up from a stack on that cant be pried open. Modular safe brand is above my price range. I already have a higher end safe but want a 2 rifle size for temporary and faster access staging storage.

Had no idea they made in the wall units. Was hoping for something more secure than a Stack-on but the in wall idea has merit and does spark an idea...
They meet California DOJ requirements for gun storage, which means they have a three point latch. Top, bottom and side. Are they Ft Knox? No, of course not. They are fairly well built and like locks and safes, it's just a delaying device. The other advantage is that while it's hard to hide a safe, you can hide these in plain sight with a picture, coat rack full of coats, etc.

They meet California DOJ requirements for gun storage, which means they have a three point latch. Top, bottom and side. Are they Ft Knox? No, of course not. They are fairly well built and like locks and safes, it's just a delaying device. The other advantage is that while it's hard to hide a safe, you can hide these in plain sight with a picture, coat rack full of coats, etc.
As well, threaded stainless marine cargo loops can be run from inside the safe into the wall studs on either side and a cable lock could be looped through the trigger guards and secured to the internal loops. All of this having to be defeated while and alarm is sounding. Just some munchies for thought. Less than $10 each.

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 11.43.10 PM.png

Got a Costco membership? Sometimes they have smaller safes there for great prices.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top