JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for a new CC...preferably something on a 1911 platform.
After some shopping I'm down to three favorites;
1. Colt 'New Agent'
2. Springfield EMP (.40cal)
3. Kimber Ultra Tactical

Does anybody have any experience with the 'new agent', or EMP?
Or, I'll take any wisdom you would like to share that will help me make a decision.
Thanks!

Alright, I take it no one owns or shoots an EMP or the new Colt -new agent-. I went out and shot 50 rounds through a 9mm EMP yesterday and really liked the way it set-up, fed, etc. It's compact enough that I would think it would be comfortable all day carry. However, I would love to hear from anyone who owns a 'new agent' before I make a purchase. The new agent is a little more compact and has better concealed carry lines (IMO). It obviously doesn't have sights, which I imagine some folks don't like, but I've never fired one so I can't judge. Right now I'm leaning towards the EMP in a .40, but intrigued enough by the Colt that I'm holding off on 'pulling the trigger'. Anyone?

Wish I could add something but my experience with compact pistols has just been an original Detonics Mk.VI which was a good little piece. This was back when they were located in Eastgate just south of Bellevue.

I did run across this thread while looking for New Agent information. You can draw your own conclusions! :)

For guns that small, sights are are not a priority.

They are made for up close and personal type situations. And for those types of incidents, one doesn't have time to look for the sights.

I have shot a New Agent, they are about as good as any other small auto. I don't miss the sights, as I mentioned above, they weren't meant for precision/bullseye shooting. Ran a few hundred rounds thru one, and did not have any problems with it.

The 40 will give you a bit more recoil than a 45, as the powder it uses creates more pressure to get the velocity up. It's more of a snappy recoil, whereas the 45 is more of a push.

Thanks for the input guys. I actually like that it doesn't have sights because it makes it more snag free on deep concealed carry. My bigger issue with the NA is the small safety, which was also designed to aid with concealment. It can be a little difficult to operate. While it's small, and not as easy to grip, it is fairly easy to disengage and I'm sure becomes easier with familiarity. So, not a dealbreaker. The Colt is also considerably lighter. Even with an upgraded 7rd. mag...loaded...it is comparable to the EMP-empty. The EMP is prettier, but the NA seems better equiped for it's purpose, plus it's a .45 to boot.
I guess I've made my decision! Thanks again for the input.

I am reluctant to purchase a 1911 in anything other than 10mm or .45acp but those EMP's are pretty sweet.

The only 3" 1911's I have are a Colt Officer's Model and a Springer Loaded
Ultra Compact. I had a Para Slim Hawg but sold it. Out of the three I favor the Colt...but the Springer is very nice.