JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And your claim that the 1911 isn't as reliable as a glock shows your stupidity. Do you have any actual findings on this?

Springfield EMP .40S&W Feed Problems - Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Physics and short .45 caliber pistols – a discussion : Grayguns by Bruce Gray

1911 ultra compact - Topic

1911 short barrel vs long barrels?

para warthog 45 - AR15.COM

1911 vs. other guns' reliability.

Para-Ordnance P-12

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

1911 Kimber Ultra Failure to feed FTF. How to fix? - Yahoo! Answers

Now that took me all of 5 minutes to find. Do you think all of these people are just making this stuff up? This is no great mystery. I'm not understanding why people are in denial that there are so many inherent problems with these weapons? There were people who knew and fully understood Hussein was a piece of crap from the get go, why should a chopped 1911 be any different? Bill T.

Inherent problems, but you still own 4? Answer my previous question. Why do you own them if the are so unreliable? You cant answer that can you?

Oh wow, so you posted links. Now why dont you try googling "glock problems" and see what comes up. Your links show no evidence on your claims that the glock is more reliable over the 1911. More worthless readings from billt.......

And why yes, I can name call and ask for facts as you claim. Know why? Because this is America, case ya forgot.

For the second and last time............ The 4 I own are full sized steel framed guns, not Aluminum framed chopped versions. Get it? Jesus! Bill T.

Oh, so those don't qualify into your claim that a glock is more reliable than a 1911 as you have stated over and over? Lol. Don't get butt hurt over it. :s0114::s0114:

HOLLY CRAP??!!!??? What happened here, I was not able to log on since I posted this thread and WOW I did not expect this hahaha!!

So what I have learned from this thread
-glocks suck
-glocks dont suck
-the 1911 is the most amazing gun ever, if its is as originally intended, if altered its a waste of time/money
-the chopped 1911 is unreliable
-the chopped 1911 is reliable
-.45 is god
-the op doesnt care about his thread
-Kimber sucks
-Kimber doesnt suck

ect.. ect.. blah... blah... hahah :)

Maybe this was not the best question.. But to answer some of yours.. I am not a completely new shooter, I have owned guns for 7 years now and practice pretty regularly. At my high I owned 12 guns at one point, I have owned a total of 15. Currently I own (4) due to financial reasons.

Again I really like the 9mm round because I can shoot if for so cheap, and I feel like practice is the most important thing!

I am not set of getting a carry version of a 1911, I just though hey I like the 1911, and I need a carry gun, and yes they do look cool :)

I once owned a .45 and had no problem shooting it what so ever, but because it cost so much money to practice with, I would never shot it. Please lets not turn this into a 9mm vs. .45 debate. I would rather be a good shot with a 9mm vs a okay shot with a .45.

Again I am not 100% sure on what I would like to do, I will say that I do love my Glock 17 and have never had an issue with it (main reason its still in my collection), and the thing that's got me interested in the G26 is that is mags are compatible (good in a SHTF scenario:s0155:). The Ruger LC9 seems nice because of its low price. But the 1911 is just so cool looking, yet pricey. That Kimber solo did look interesting as well.

Hey cbzdel, there are some really great handguns out there in compact and sub-compact. Some are steel framed, some are polymer, titanium, aluminum, or any combo thereof. Many price ranges, many platforms. Find a good shop where you can get some first hand info from someone unbiased, get a wish list going and find a range where you can rent some of your prospective choices and go from there.

G19 is my daily carry, and I trust it with my life. My Ultra is my second choice only because of the limited mag capacity, I would trust that one with my life as well. My daily carry choice is a matter of practicality not fear of failure.

Good luck and welcome to this sometimes ridiculous circus forum.

I am going to add one bit of information given from my own personal opinion. Micro 1911's are reliab le and great guns, but they would not be my first choice for a small, high caliber carry gun. There are better options in my opinion. Ones that provide either more capacity, less requirements for firing (no manual safeties), or higher caliber.

Now that took me all of 5 minutes to find. Do you think all of these people are just making this stuff up? This is no great mystery. I'm not understanding why people are in denial that there are so many inherent problems with these weapons? There were people who knew and fully understood Hussein was a piece of crap from the get go, why should a chopped 1911 be any different? Bill T.

Wow this is ironic considering what went on in the glock hate thread...... I almost feel slighted that I didn't get a reply from you about the lights on glock feeding problem after you ran me thru the ringer then deleted your post

by the way I'm 100% behind you on the Hussein being a steaming pile and that most short 1911's are not fully reliable but some of the bushingless 9mm's modeled after the 1911's seem to work well

How about I just get a chopped version of this guy to make everyone happy??

glock-1911.jpg

:s0112::s0112::s0112:

I have always wanted a quality 1911, I had a full size Taurus 1911 a while back and I just never really liked it becasue it felt so cheap compared to the higher end models.

That being said I am looking for a decent carry specific wepon as well. I was looking into the smaller pistols such as the Glock 26, LC9 and SR9-C as I a fan of the 9mm round. (affordable to practice with, please dont make this a caliber debate haha)

But this has got me thinking, maybe I can kill two birds with one stone. I looked at a full stainless Kimber Ultra Carry 1911 online and I notice they make a 9mm version and thought it looked very slick!

Personally I would like a SMALL carry pistol, the SR9-C felt a little to big, the Glock 26 seemed a bit thick but do-able, and the LC9 almost seemed to small to shoot reasonably well.

Can anyone give me some input on these compact 1911s? Are they a good choice for a carry wepon or should I stick with something lighter and smaller? As a first "real" carry specific wepon I want to make sure I make the right choice. Right now I occasionally carry my Glock 17 and used to carry a Walther P99, Both of which I felt were WAY TO LARGE but it was my only option.

Thanks for the input in advance.

No I don't think so. I carry a full size year round with no rail. ISW I feel is best and I like to keep things original. Meaning I like the original 1911 full size and no rail and if you want a small one just buy a snub nose. Thats my opinion which means nothing. But its your gun and money so buy what you like.......

For the second and last time............ The 4 I own are full sized steel framed guns, not Aluminum framed chopped versions. Get it? Jesus! Bill T.

Have you ever owned an Officer's sized 1911 in .45 ACP so that you can give us personal experience (as others here have)?
Or does all of your information come from the internet and word of mouth?

Here is an Interesting article from Bruce Gray of Gray guns in Spray, OR. One of the finest gunsmiths in OR. Take it with however many grains of salt you want, but it's an interesting read.

Search Results short barreled 1911 : Grayguns by Bruce Gray

Thanks for pointing out Bruce's article I agree with him 100%. I am going to go out on a ledge here and say that Bruce is not "one of the finest gunsmiths in OR." Bruce is "one of the finest gunsmiths in the USA" and "He IS the finest gunsmith in OR." Bruce has been at this game for a long time and his credentials are beyond reproach. He has forgotten more about guns than many of us will ever know. Every now and then God wants to know something about a 1911 and JMB is busy, he calls Bruce.

For someone who doesn't own any Glocks, or have any intentions of buying one, you sure do let yourself get worried and worked up about them. :s0131: Bill T.

Where exactly did I get worked up at anything in this thread? I don't see it. Maybe your not seeing it right, I don't dislike glocks, I just dislike you!

And why would I own a glock? They are just not for me. Some people like them and some don't and that's just fine. After all, are you going to go out and buy a car that you don't like just to say that you owned it? Seems like a waste of money too me but apparently this is what your baseing you argument on. Well, until you post again, and then you'll find something else to bash that you know nothing about.......

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top