JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Everyone,

This Saturday my bestfriend of 22 years was injured badly. He and some friends won a golf tourney and were celebrating at one of their parents backyard pools when he dove in and hit his head breaking his neck. He actually drowned quickly and luckily our friends pulled him out right away and gave him CPR bringing him back to life. Luckily he has no brain damage. But sadly he was paralyzed from the chest down.
He has a real long road ahead of him and I can't tell you how devastated I am. He is only 32 years old.
He is holding up well and his family has been amazing.
He has a really long road to recover and hopefully regain some movement. He is such an amazing person. Would give anybody the shirt off his back and this happens.

I was hoping to reach out to this community for support and prayers. He needs all he can get. This is the worst thing I've ever been through and can't imagine my friend like that.
I got to see him yesterday for the first time.
He had a breathing tube in and all he could mouth to me was "I'm sorry, and I love you" and started crying.
I almost lost it. I was about to pass out.
I can't stop crying. All day at work I take little breaks and go into a back room, breakdown, then clear myself and go back to it.
Instarted a facebook page for him and a gofundme.com page to help raise money for his family for medical bills, buying a van, nurses, therapy, mortgage, etc.
Please check it out. If you can donate great, if not then please say a prayer for him and his family.
I beg you.
<broken link removed>

https://m.facebook.com/home.php

Last Edited:
Blessings and best wishes on both poor souls and their family's. Blessings on you guys too! Hang in there! Tragedy can strike in an instant and I am thankful for the good that I have and hopefully do. SRG

It is. I lost loved ones but i was never really close to my family. My friend who is in the hospital was always like my brother. He was more my family than those who were blood relatives. I only have a few people that are really close to me.
And he's one of them. So it's pretty horrific to me. But he's a tough SOB so he'll pull through this.

What a great forum this is - we lose a close friend or one of them has sudden and life-changing tragedy dropped on them, and what happens, we all get together to offer what support we can. This is one of those times when we can actually DO something to help a distant friend in dire straits, and there is only one dire strait worse than being paralysed for life, and that has no remedy and a trillion dollars won't make any difference. My dearest friend of many years died suddenly on Sunday morning, and there is absolutely nothing that I, six thousand miles away, can do to help anybody, except make that awful phone call and give a little comfort.

Do what the man asks - pray, if that's what you do. Have him close in your everyday thoughts, if that's how you deal with it, but practical help is needed here.

Please, sign up and spare some $$$$$. Think of it as buying a couple of boxes of ammunition that you use to fight the darkness of anguish and pain that he and his family are going through right now, and will never ever go away.

So he's a stranger to most of us? This matters?

'A man travelling to Damascus fell among thieves...........'

tac

Hey Everyone,

This Saturday my bestfriend of 22 years was injured badly. He and some friends won a golf tourney and were celebrating at one of their parents backyard pools when he dove in and hit his head breaking his neck. He actually drowned quickly and luckily our friends pulled him out right away and gave him CPR bringing him back to life. Luckily he has no brain damage. But sadly he was paralyzed from the chest down.
He has a real long road ahead of him and I can't tell you how devastated I am. He is only 32 years old.
He is holding up well and his family has been amazing.
He has a really long road to recover and hopefully regain some movement. He is such an amazing person. Would give anybody the shirt off his back and this happens.

I was hoping to reach out to this community for support and prayers. He needs all he can get. This is the worst thing I've ever been through and can't imagine my friend like that.
I got to see him yesterday for the first time.
He had a breathing tube in and all he could mouth to me was "I'm sorry, and I love you" and started crying.
I almost lost it. I was about to pass out.
I can't stop crying. All day at work I take little breaks and go into a back room, breakdown, then clear myself and go back to it.
Instarted a facebook page for him and a gofundme.com page to help raise money for his family for medical bills, buying a van, nurses, therapy, mortgage, etc.
Please check it out. If you can donate great, if not then please say a prayer for him and his family.
I beg you.
<broken link removed>

https://m.facebook.com/home.php

I clicked on the gofund me link and it says "
Campaign Not Found

?

Thanks guys for checking on this and keeping it alive.
I did take out the gofundme page. I did manage to raise some money for him and some colleagues of his made another page where we raise another few thousand dollars.
A family friend also donated his old Halsey softail to raffle off. They made another $5k+ on that. really helped him out. The insurance takes care of a lot but when your looking at $5k for a chair you can shower and crap in, a $15k bed, a $5k exercise hand bike for therapy, thousands more to make his house livable, of and a $35k van.
Damn it adds up fast.
It's been just over a year with a lot of slow progress, no sadly no more movement gained. Still paralyzed from the chest down. He can move his arms, but can't use his hands. It's hard to see your best (really only) friend in that state.
He has a great support structure, and luckily he changed jobs into real estate and has been able to get back into that while in his condition. He's a fighter, but that's an amazingly tough situation to be in. I wouldn't wish that on my enemies.

It's amazing how fast your life can change and how you can lose those close to you. Remember that. Tell the ones you love how you feel daily, hug your family when you can, and live life so you have no regrets.

Worst thing you can do is be stuck in a chair thinking about all the things you'll never be able to do again. Just wishing you could mow the lawn or take your dog for a walk again.

I hug and kiss my baby girl every chance I get. I try not to let little things bother me. Life's too short, the little things don't matter. Guns, cars, and shoes whatever you WANT in life isn't as important as what you need.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top