JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Chinese HT can work for short distance radios like can be purchased for walkie talkie types, many wont trip a repeater unless it is really close. Even my Yaesu vx-7r unless it is on high power settings isn't strong enough to hit all the local repeaters.

Location, location, location. Obviously since you are extra class and you are well above me I am not disputing anything you say, but I have had a positive experience with the Chinese radios. I opened the Mt Hood repeater from outside Redmond with a 4 watt power setting on the 14 inch antenna. Open the Redmond repeater from my Bend hotel room and got into the interlink repeaters just fine.

I have shown it to at least 5 other hams and everybody went and bought one, way to add a nice VHF and UHF capability for a very reasonable price. I can open the Mt Hood repeater sitting in my living room on the J pole and talk Central Oregon just fine. But that is a nice straight shot to the Mt Hood repeater.

Glad it is working for you coastrange57.
Like you most hams are willing to share their experiences and advice. So many choices!
Great hobby with many practicle applications especially when the electricity goes out.
Hope to catch you on the air sometime.
I spend much more time on hf chasing dx.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top