JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A common defining characteristic in most if not all "assault weapon" ban bills is this: "A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon."

Imagine if you built an AR15 with everything except for the buttstock and optic rotated 90 degrees. That would mean the pistol grip would not be protruding beneath the action. Assuming your rifle didn't have any of the other defining characteristics it should not be subject to the ban, correct? Some people have 45 degree offset back up sights on their rifles and shoot it that way when not using top mounted optic, my idea is to just rotate the rifle another 45 degrees and have the buttstock and optic set up to shoot that way. I shoot left handed and would have the pistol grip pointed out to the left and the ejection port pointed at the ground. Right hand shooters might have to do the opposite and have the ejection port pointed to the sky which could present some problems with spent brass flying at you.

It's so ironic that most of the features they focus on enhance safety. Let's just examine some of those features with respect to accuracy.
  • The pistol grip makes it easier to shoot more accurately.
  • The dreaded "telescoping" stock allows for proper fit also improving accuracy.
  • The "barrel shroud" ACK hand guard, prevents burn injuries while enhancing accuracy due to additional grip positions.
It would seem to me that Improving accuracy means fewer accidental deaths of injuries, so how to they explain why it's safer to reduce accuracy? We really somehow want to make firearms safer my making them less safe?

Well that's simple. They will just copy the WA state law that made everting that is a semi auto rifle and assault weapon. Problem solved. They even got a lot of gun owners to vote for it who now claim they were not smart enough to know what the law said. So in other words the people who put the law up were just cheating by being so much smarter than gun owners. So of course it's not the gun owners fault. Must be the damn NRA again. :mad:

The free market always finds a way. I have every confidence that companies will tweak things around to basically throw the new laws back in the face of legislators too ignorant to word things correctly.

The idea is already out there. Different execution but.......

The idea is already out there. Different execution but.......

Those might work but sometimes the characteristic is defined like this:

"(B) Any grip of the rifle, including a pistol grip, a thumbhole stock or any other stock, the use of which would allow an individual to grip the rifle in a manner resulting in any finger on the trigger hand, in addition to the trigger finger, being below any portion of the action of the rifle when firing;"

And why should we "tweak" something to change the definition of a made up term? The AR is the most common MODERN SPORTING RIFLE in America. Passing laws to ban them is nothing more than attempted enslavement.

Damn guys, we really are giving up aren't we?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top