JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For 'plinking' loads I'm thinking on getting in bulk 150 grain .308 bullets so I can reload for 7.62x39 (SKS Load), 7.62x54R (Mosin Nagant Load) and 30-06 loads.

I know the Russian Calibers use a .310 and up to .312 bullet, but after looking at several reloaders forums most say that accuracy will suffer but the .308 bullet should be fine to shoot with the proper load of powder of course.

What do you guys think ?

You can do it, the only downside is the normal 123gr bullet used in the 7.62x39 needs to be seated fairly deep, hornady's FMJ's have a tangent ogive making them shorter than most of the others on the market.

What you could do is get a line on cheap 123gr bullets and shoot those in your x54 as well as your x39, and buy other bullets for your '06. There are plenty of suppliers selling the PRVI 123gr FMJ's fairly cheap, likely cheaper than you could get bullets for your '06 for. Also, the PRVI 30-06 bullets are a spot on copy of M2 ball, which if you're feeding it to a garand is perfect.

Thanks Amproducts! Might as well do as you suggest.
Thought the 123 grain bullet was too light for the 54r since
Most factory and surplus ammo comes on 147 to 203 grains.

My 30-06 is a bolt action and a Garand type load would work fine with it.

Will checkou your products,

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top