JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Found two at local shop, $419 each. Actual ww2 gun is too rich for my blood. Like my 1911, got a new copy to fit the niche. Worth it at that price? Anything particular about them ?

Grips ain't right for a WWII pistol and the may throw the looks off too much if you want it to look like a WWII service pistol...
But they are good shooters and a neat piece of Cold War history.
Andy

Main difference is the aluminum frame that every post war P.1 or P.38 that I've seen has had. OP didn't state condition of those priced at $419, but if average, the price is also about average. Nice ones sell for more. There are tons of these around, most are common surplus guns, not rare. In addition to several war-time P.38's, I've owned probably half a dozen post war P.1 and P.38 (yes, some were so marked). None were particular tack-drivers, more often sprayers, only one post war gun was above average in that department.

Probably a wise decision. They were pretty gee-whiz in their day but now there are lots better 9mm pistols. Once you get tired of it, they aren't fast sellers there are so many of them. I have one byf 43 that I've kept mainly for historical reasons. Yes, it will shoot. But I've kept it because it's a Russian capture gun, no question it saw use on the Eastern Front.

Thanks! After doing done reading on my own , I think I will pass on them.

Out of curiousity, what did you learn that changed your mind?

I also can't justify $$ a P38 but I wouldn't mind having a P1. A gentleman at ARPC told me they can still be had for a few hundred bucks. I plan to look for one at the show on Saturday.

My focus is on ww2 firearms, and this was just too far off that focus. It got my attention when I saw it first, and if it was ww2 vintage or immediately post war, I may have picked it up.

Out of curiousity, what did you learn that changed your mind?

I also can't justify $$ a P38 but I wouldn't mind having a P1. A gentleman at ARPC told me they can still be had for a few hundred bucks. I plan to look for one at the show on Saturday.

Don't overlook that the Browning HP35 was also a WW2 handgun. Used by the Brits, the Canadians AND the Germans. Get yourself a good Inglis-made model and that's the Brits and Canuckians sorted; find a wa655 stamped model and you have the German-issue version.

And ammunition is as cheap as autumn leaves...

My Manurhin P1 is a great shooter. It had better accuracy than I expected. It is all matching and almost like new. I think I paid about $400. It will get shot regularly.

I would have rather had a WWII P38. $800-1000 for a shooter grade was not worth it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top