JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sad part is that I saw something a few years back talking about the very same things that he pointed out... and here we are still dealing with the same shame of a security process. What a vile joke.

-d

Couldn't find the actual you tube video but also didn't look very hard either. It's hard to say from the short clips provided what the pilot was talking about as just scanning an airport and saying it's all smoke and mirrors doesn't mean much. yes he showed a door that the baggage folks could go through without going through a security checkpoint but we don't know where that was and if they baggage folks had already been through a checkpoint not on camera. I will take the word of the news person who indicated the pilots beef was with why they make pilots go through security check points and then afterward giving them access to axes and letting them carry a gun. This is not a new unknown whistle blower type issue that is getting covered up by the government. I've heard of pilot's concerns about this for some time and I have to agree it's ridiculous to give them complete control of an airplane that they could use to cause massive destruction with the flip of their wrist but make damn sure they check their shoes for bombs. I'm sure he signed something with the TSA regarding conduct and that they have the authority to revoke his deputy-ship at any time if they choose. Additionally, I don't know for sure but I would bet money that California is a may issue CHL state so they are perfectly within their boundaries to revoke his civilian license as well. From the little I saw I would say this guy had an axe to grind and used the absolute wrong way about voicing his concerns. If I was his supervisor his a%$ would have been fired yesterday.

I don't think he used the wrong method to get his point across. I am glad you are not his supervisor, he did nothing wrong and why show up at his house and take away his cwp? That is just wrong, he broke no laws that I can see. I am glad there are guys out there with an insiders point of view educating the public.

TSA is a useless group of people who refuse to use the proper tools to improve security.. Tools such as PROFILING. Oh my I said profiling I must be a muslim hater. NOT!!!! I hate all enemies of America, including those in our own goverment.

I think this pilot knew what he was getting into before he posted his video. Did he break any laws? I don't believe he did but I am sure he broke some internal rules and violated some internal policies. The companies reaction to revoke his permit to carry while in flight is their right but I think they overreacted by going to the guys house to confiscate his weapon. He hasn't pointed out anything new with his video. By making such a public spectacle of sending agents to this pilot's home it portrays him as a "bad guy" who is not responsible enough to carry a firearm in performance of his duties and yet they didn't revoke his pilots license so he can still fly a "missile" that would take down a skyscraper.

My best friend is an airline captain - he comments all of the time about the security double standard. Ground crew screening is a joke and commercial shipments in the luggage holds get about zero screening.

It's been 20yrs, but I went along with a buddy to work one day, no badge, no nothing, he was a baggage handler and we loaded planes, took bags of the planes, crawled around the cockpits, moved planes around the PDX tarmac, no one EVER asked a single question........

What that pilot says is the truth, in PDX you can get from General Aviation or Air Cargo to Commercial Aviation no problem, litterally.

Sad the TSA is acting like Hitlers Storm Troopers and Janet N is akin to Himmler. This is all a reflection of justice & law under Mr Obamas appointed henchpeople. Stay tuned there will be more before we can throw the vermin out. Hopefully we will be able to vote them out, if they don't take that right away under guise of national security. Spad

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/fo...ded-gun-slips-past-tsa-screeners-airport.html

We just had a similar thread going in the political column. About a gun getting through the regular security. See the above link. That doesn't even address the issue of the back door being left open. Now that the FEDS have confiscated this Pilots gun it will be easier for the terrorist to take over the cockpit of at least one more airliner. oooh I feel safer already! :s0112: Taking a whistle blowing pilots gun says everything about the mentality of those running the TSA and lets us know exactly who is REALLY interested in making things safer. There are huge holes in security. TSA goes to draconian measures to make sure our seniors don't have a bomb in their shoe while leaving the back door wide open. The minimum wage baggage loader can pass right through security while the TSA approved Pilot Deputy with a gun who received special training has to go through a virtual strip search. :confused:

Let's see what if that minimum wage baggage handler happens to be a domestic terrorist or is approached to accept a bribe to put something on the plane, bombs drugs etc? :huh: What if a would be Al Quaida applies for a job as a baggage handler just to gain access? :huh: And of course with no profiling, and our nondiscrimination laws we can't tell him no you don't get the job because of affirmative action because the question doesn't get asked. :s0131: That would be profiling and it is wrong to do that despite the fact that it works. Then once he is in he can just buzz his friends through. and the Billions and Billions being spent on airport security are for what exactly?:(

Funny thing about being the one that points out that the emporer has no clothes. They "king's advisors" get really unhappy if you upset the world of make believe we call "airport security." Unfortunately that is true of most government enterprises. Those in charge are not doing what they are being paid to do, (keep us safe) but they sure want to look like they are so they can protect their little kingdoms.

Hopefully pressure can be put on the TSA to fix these problems.

And Que the Obama is like Hitler reference in 5,4,3,2,1.....

Sad the TSA is acting like Hitlers Storm Troopers and Janet N is akin to Himmler. This is all a reflection of justice & law under Mr Obamas appointed henchpeople. Stay tuned there will be more before we can throw the vermin out. Hopefully we will be able to vote them out, if they don't take that right away under guise of national security. Spad

I didn't realize the TSA was started by President Obama, oh wait it wasn't,

Cut and paste directly from Wikipedia so this is guaranteed true:

"The TSA was created as part of the Aviation and Transportation Security Act, sponsored by Don Young in the house[2] and Ernest Hollings in the Senate,[3] passed by the 107th U.S. Congress, and signed into law by President George W. Bush on November 19, 2001. Originally part of the U.S. Department of Transportation, the TSA was moved to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security on March 25, 2003."

Sorry to burst your bubble but the TSA started under a different watch!

Say what you want about the terrorists,but they are not stupid and this pilot did not give out any big "intel"

They have already used the baggage carts for their highjackings.
So this isn't anything.

Now why TF would you fire a experienced pilot that was brave enough to point out how your airline was in danger?
It isn't the airline that are to blame,it's the TSA and the airports.
Does the airlines even stock their planes or is it private contractors doing it?
The concession companies?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads