JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just wanted to know what people like and don't like about the Johnson Creek Gun Club. Any comment, criticism, suggestion, or anything else would be appreciated. I assure you, these will all be reviewed. I know that the biggest issues before were the parking lot and the target carriers. Well, the parking lot was paved and the new target carriers are a big success!

I am interested very interested in what the members have to say, so let's hear it...

The screens between shooting lanes are VERY DIRTY .If you brush against them they leave a black mark .(arms hands clothes ect).Need to be cleaned or replaced. Think the brooms worked better than the squeegies for cleaning up brass.
Very Hot inside this time of year.Airconditioning would be nice .Or maybe more Fans
Thanks for asking

If I rememebr right the ligting seemed backwards
Seems it was brighter at the shooters position than the target?

As far as the lighting goes, it all depends on which set of lights you turn on. There are different lights at the backstop and different ones by the shooter. You just need to make sure you turn both sets of lights on. I hope this helps.

The screens between shooting lanes are VERY DIRTY .If you brush against them they leave a black mark .(arms hands clothes ect).Need to be cleaned or replaced. Think the brooms worked better than the squeegies for cleaning up brass.
Very Hot inside this time of year.Airconditioning would be nice .Or maybe more Fans
Thanks for asking

Thanks for the information...I am having someone come in tomorrow morning to clean or replace the screens. As far as the squeegies go, they were a trial, and not too successful, I should say. The order is being placed right now for a device that is made for picking up the brass and looks much more promising. Hope it gets here soon... :) The air conditioning is a big one on the list...however, it's a complicated system to change. Hopefully, we can get something done by next summer. No promises, but we have been definitely looking into it.

If there is anything else, as we really depend on information from the members!

The rule that the target must be full extended to the backstop, 50'. I would like to practice at a closer distance sometimes.

The reason that we require this is because we need to make sure that the slug hits the back wall. This is necessary because it is only wall designed to catch the bullets. At a closer distance, the trajectory has a greater chace of being off and not hitting the back wall. Therefore, with the target carrier not fully extended, the chance exists that a shooter might miss the back wall. Also, at a shorter distance, the target carrier presents a greater risk of ricochet off the hardware of the carrier. Sorry, but it really boils down to the safety of the members. Thanks for your input...

What are the chances you might build a closer trap, say 7 yards for defensive pistol practice? I mostly shoot handguns and the only thing preventing me from becoming a lifelong member is that 16 yards is a bit far for me to practice all the time. Id be down to pay extra every year for a new closer trap and im sure theres other who would do the same.

The reason that we require this is because we need to make sure that the slug hits the back wall. This is necessary because it is only wall designed to catch the bullets. At a closer distance, the trajectory has a greater chace of being off and not hitting the back wall. Therefore, with the target carrier not fully extended, the chance exists that a shooter might miss the back wall. Also, at a shorter distance, the target carrier presents a greater risk of ricochet off the hardware of the carrier. Sorry, but it really boils down to the safety of the members. Thanks for your input...

This makes sense, but closer firing is allowed for range safety qualified personnel?! It seems a safety rule should apply to all.

Mr Bradley! I live to far away to join you club, and have not been in it...but... would a baffel at 15 meters or so be enough to ensure safety and also allow shooters to pull targets up some from the backstop?

The nicest range I have ever shot on was in Germany, and they used overhead, carpeted baffels both for sound suppression, and to insure that bullets never left the building. The baffles were wooden triangles, that were filled with sand and covered with a foam backed carpet.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top